Polaris 2001 genesis 1200cc HELP

I have a 2001 polaris genesis and I have gone through the whole thing and can't find a problem. It will not turn over. I have replaced fuel line, fuel injectors, spark plugs and battery. Still will not turn over, any thoughts or recommendations?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome.

What do you mean by ‘turn over’?

If the starter will engage the flywheel and rotate the engine, that is cranking.

If the ignition is firing the spark plugs and the engine attempts to fire, that is firing.

If it fires up and gets running (at least briefly) that is starting.

3. +1 by:

Its just not getting fuel to the injectors, I replaced the lines and everything sounds good but it won't start up, it sounds dry. There is no fuel in the lines

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmly07 View Post
    Its just not getting fuel to the injectors, I replaced the lines and everything sounds good but it won't start up, it sounds dry. There is no fuel in the lines
    Check and see if you have 23psi of fuel pressure on your return injector line at the shrader valve tee. It has a cap on it like a a bike tire has

+1
    Welcome to Greenhulk!

Some things to check:
    - CPS ohms? (Around 145ohms)
    - Voltage on injector white/red wire when cranking? (Should be around 20V)
    - You can try to unplug one injector at a time to see if it starts. And a ballpark voltage can be read from an unplugged injector
    - If low, continuity on all 5 stator winding pairs? AC volts on all 5 pairs while cranking?
    - If these things check out OK, then the EMM is suspect and Lakeside Tech can help.

How do I add pressure to the fuel line ?

+1
    How do I add pressure to the fuel line ?
    Did you check the fuel pressure? If so how much is it. If it's very low your fuel regulator fell off and needs repair. Do not run it with low fuel pressure

When I try to increase the air pressure of the fuel lines, it doesn't add any pressure. The air just goes straight into the tank and out the breather tube. Where is the fuel regulator located?

+1
    When I try to increase the air pressure of the fuel lines, it doesn't add any pressure. The air just goes straight into the tank and out the breather tube. Where is the fuel regulator located?
    I am not sure what you are doing but it sounds like you are trying to put air in the fuel lines. That is not correct. The way the fuel system works is there is a fuel pump in side the gas tank. The pump turns on as soon as the computer senses you are turning the motor over or trying to start it. The gas then is sent to your injectors on the fuel supply line and continues back to the fuel tank thru the return line. The one that has the shrader valve on it. In the fuel pump there is regulator that is at the end of the return line that regulates the fuel pressure going to the injectors at 24psi.the regulators fall off and the fuel flows freely back to the tank. You need to put a fuel pressure gauge on the shrader valve and try starting it and it should build up the pressure. If it does not then either the regulator has fallen off or the emm ( computer) is not turning on the pump. You need to determine which if is. It sounds like the Emm could be bad which Lakeside Tech can repair. To rule out the regulator being the problem pinch off the return fuel line with a vicegrips after the shrader valve. The side towards the front off the ski. If the fuel pressure builds up then the regulator is the problem. If not then the emm may not be turning on the pump.

+1
    https://sites.google.com/site/polari...t-things-to-do

Thread Information