Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoffer2490 View Post
    Im going to quote this from another member. Maybe you should try it and compare results before jumping the gun.
    i dont think anybody "jumped the gun," here. If you look who has commented so far you will see they have extensive knowledge on the subject. As do i being that i just sent an afternoon testiing intakes. My results were exactly inline with countless others before me. The macboost short ram produces gains over the oe box. But was consistently the slowest and provided the least rpm gains , kanaflex direct to left side cowling provided the biggest gain followed by the riva/ worx cold air,,, all testing was done same day. On a yamaha fzs making around 14.5 lbs of boost. Iam just sharing with you my complete unbiased results!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamafzs View Post
    i dont think anybody "jumped the gun," here. If you look who has commented so far you will see they have extensive knowledge on the subject. As do i being that i just sent an afternoon testiing intakes. My results were exactly inline with countless others before me. The macboost short ram produces gains over the oe box. But was consistently the slowest and provided the least rpm gains , kanaflex direct to left side cowling provided the biggest gain followed by the riva/ worx cold air,,, all testing was done same day. On a yamaha fzs making around 14.5 lbs of boost. Iam just sharing with you my complete unbiased results!!!
    So you tried the Macsboost intake? (not a “similar” intake)

+1
    So you tried the Macsboost intake? (not a ďsimilarĒ intake)
    was a short ram direct on charger ,just different physical dimensions as the macsboost ,,

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    I have tried running the supercharger with no hoses attached vs a kanaflex sucking from the outside and the results were really noticeable. The ski felt sluggish and acceleration was not great. This test was done with an aftermarket intercooler and tuned ski. You are sucking hot air with that macboost intake. Period

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    I have tried running the supercharger with no hoses attached vs a kanaflex sucking from the outside and the results were really noticeable. The ski felt sluggish and acceleration was not great. This test was done with an aftermarket intercooler and tuned ski. You are sucking hot air with that macboost intake. Period
    Well let me know when you concrete data with a Macsboost filter with comparable information and we can actually have a conversation about it. Riva/worx intakes suck in hot air and don’t turn same rpms as the Macsboost. The only intake that would be comparable is the kanaflex to cowl but it’s also 3-4ft long and not very smooth inside.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Well let me know when you concrete data with a Macsboost filter with comparable information and we can actually have a conversation about it. Riva/worx intakes suck in hot air and don’t turn same rpms as the Macsboost. The only intake that would be comparable is the kanaflex to cowl but it’s also 3-4ft long and not very smooth inside.
    No one said riva or worx are the best options, the best one is the set up Jerry talks about where we isolate the engine compartment and suck pure cold air. Same thing we do on the seadoos, when you are serious about performance a new front wall is built and insulated and the air is sucked is pure cold air. I dont think you fully understand the concept of how the heat exchange process works.

The cooler air you feed the to the supercharger/turbo the lower the hot charge temps will be and your intercooler will cool it down more efficiently. The average charge air temp is about 250 degress depending on boost, the more boost the hotter it will be and your intercooler is only getting a quick chance to drop those air temps to about 80 degrees, if you start sucking hotter engine air specially down there where these is zero circulation of fresh air, you are throwing more work to your intercooler, thus causing a higher intake manifold temperature charge.

Colder air = More horsepower.

I know data I see it everyday, you should talk to one of your friends that has data logging capabilities, and they will tell you numbers dont lie, I can see many readings thru motec.

I know what I'm talking about and the macboost is nothing but an overpriced hot air intake. I have seen his claims, I also own a SXR which he makes a "cold air intake" which is pure lies, its just a silicone 90 degree elbow with an K&N filter for over a hundred dollars and his claims are unnecessary and thats what rubs me the wrong way,the need to lie. Just make a product and sell it without the bullshit.

+1
    Well let me know when you concrete data with a Macsboost filter with comparable information and we can actually have a conversation about it. Riva/worx intakes suck in hot air and donít turn same rpms as the Macsboost. The only intake that would be comparable is the kanaflex to cowl but itís also 3-4ft long and not very smooth inside.
    No reason to try a macsboost. I tested it with no filter,,,
    basically you are suggesting that a velocity stack from a riva cold air direct mounted on the s/c with no filter and plumbing at all (which is how i tested aswell) has less ability and acess to air than a filter mounted direct to charger? I suggest you read the last guys above post again,,,,this time really process everything he has stared!!!! With short ram/ macsboost setup. You are pulling the closest available air,which happens to be the cavity between the engine block and gas tank. This is not favorable air especially on a boosted ski ,as stated above the incoming air is then compressed (even hotter air) then fed to the cooler, the intercooler only has a breif period of time as this compressed air is passing through it. As far as kanaflex being ribbed" not smoothe" as you stated ,presents no flow issues on the air intake side. ,now used from the intercooler to the t/b. Yea,,,you would be correct,,,,, lastly. Not exactly sure what boost levels your at, but on higher boosted / aftermarket wheel skis, there are huge differences in rpm gains based on types of intakes used,,,,, i never tested on stock or light mod ski's

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamafzs View Post
    No reason to try a macsboost. I tested it with no filter,,,
    basically you are suggesting that a velocity stack from a riva cold air direct mounted on the s/c with no filter and plumbing at all (which is how i tested aswell) has less ability and acess to air than a filter mounted direct to charger? I suggest you read the last guys above post again,,,,this time really process everything he has stared!!!! With short ram/ macsboost setup. You are pulling the closest available air,which happens to be the cavity between the engine block and gas tank. This is not favorable air especially on a boosted ski ,as stated above the incoming air is then compressed (even hotter air) then fed to the cooler, the intercooler only has a breif period of time as this compressed air is passing through it. As far as kanaflex being ribbed" not smoothe" as you stated ,presents no flow issues on the air intake side. ,now used from the intercooler to the t/b. Yea,,,you would be correct,,,,, lastly. Not exactly sure what boost levels your at, but on higher boosted / aftermarket wheel skis, there are huge differences in rpm gains based on types of intakes used,,,,, i never tested on stock or light mod ski's
    Well, seadoo guys don’t do that. We do custom rear air intakes right off the supercharger because they work better than anything else out there. A riva or worx Intake is basically a hot air intake as you would call so why would spend more money for a hot air intake when the Macsboost is a fraction of the price? Sure, get some cheap kanaflex and route it to the cowl and save some more money but always have that feeling about sucking in water. Look, it sounds like you enjoy your cowl intake and that’s fine. Cold air equals more power right? Crazy.

+1
    Well, seadoo guys donít do that. We do custom rear air intakes right off the supercharger because they work better than anything else out there. A riva or worx Intake is basically a hot air intake as you would call so why would spend more money for a hot air intake when the Macsboost is a fraction of the price? Sure, get some cheap kanaflex and route it to the cowl and save some more money but always have that feeling about sucking in water. Look, it sounds like you enjoy your cowl intake and thatís fine. Cold air equals more power right? Crazy.
    I Cant comment on seadoo's. I prefer to stick to what i have knowledge on,,,, as far as water injestion is concerned,, look at your setup,,,,you have both factory vents redirected to just above your filter. Water can make its way into them hull vents during aggressive riding , You may want to drop the vents to about an inch below the lowest part of your filter, this way if any water did come in it would drop to bottom of hull and not get vacuumed in your filter (unless of course you were on full throttle) at the end of the day. If your happy with your setup,,,thats really all that matters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information