Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Fastest 90s jet ski

Hi, I'm looking to buy a 90s jet ski and I don't want to start a brand war I just want to know what the fastest thing made before 2000 was?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Factory/showroom floor stock or somewhat modified?

stock show room but also if there's one that's good for modifying than if someone could list that as well. I dont know if its possible and what the best jet ski to modify for this but id like to go 60.
    Thanks

+1
    Why is it important to you that it be a model from before the year 2000?

So here's my situation I'm trying to find the fastest jet ski for 1000 dollars I want to get one as a project to work on and have fun with. So my final question is what is the fastest stock jet ski and what is the jet ski that has the most available go fast mods still from the 90s area. My budget is in the 1000 dollar range and I just want advice on what people think I should look at.
    Thanks to anyone who responds

+1
    What area are you in?

What kinds of water will you be riding? Smooth rivers and small lakes, big lakes with boat wakes, ocean?

You want to spend $1,000 total after whatever repairs are needed plus whatever upgrades?

You will be doing your own mechanical work, correct?

Once you get it running properly, is reliability important to you?

Do you care about fuel economy or cruise range?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Micman14 View Post
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a 90s jet ski and I don't want to start a brand war I just want to know what the fastest thing made before 2000 was?
    Fastest of the 90ís that you can pick up for 1000 bucks? You can probably find a beat up 1996 seadoo XP 787 motor that might run but needs a piston, or carbs rebuilt, they do around 52-54 if compression is good. Itís a cool hull that is really fun on the water. Lots of parts out there everywhere but pick up a service manual for it because they are set up a little different than typical 2-strokes if you are not familiar with Seadoo. Polaris made a bunch of fun skis in the 90ís that you could get for your budget. The 1995 SL750 was a 48-50mph ski great for wave jumping and easy to work on. Also a 1996 slx 780 was a fast little wave jumper. Iíve had a few. Quite a few parts around, easier than a Seadoo to work on in my opinion. They hit around 54-55 on gps if I remember. Now as far as fun and a killer ride you could find a blown up Pro785 maybe for a grand but youíll sink double that into it fixing it and finding parts. Pro 785ís are a blast to ride, you can carve right and left as hard as you can at 40 mph as long as you hold on tight but be ready for them to throw your ass off really quick. In my opinion up your budget a little bit and find a decent running ski and do some minor repairs, fuel lines, carbs, seat cover, traction mats and have something good to ride. Hope that helps you find a cool project to work on.

+1
    Your budget is good for nothing except headache.

Realistically, for that budget, try to find something complete. Maybe a pair on a double trailer. Then sink some money LEARNING how to rebuild them through the winter. I run my own shop, all I do is PWC. Anything for 1k will need plenty of work, I promise you.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Hands down, the Ultra 150 was the fastest pre-2000 ski available on the market

11. +1 by:

should i buy now or at the beginning of next season. I dont want to hear buy a month ago or some crap if thats your answer I dont want it. sorry there has been a lot of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information