Question Worx free flow problem!!!

Gday, the shop installed a worx free flow exhaust today on my 2020 rxtx 300 and I revved it a few times out of the water to hear what it sounded like. High temp alarm came on which normally would never happen with the old system that quickly. I shut the motor off and pulled the seat. To my surprise the engine bay was full of smoke from what I think would have been the exhaust hose (smelt like rubber). Do you think it melted enough to put a hole in it or do you think it will be right to run it after it smoked that much? Couldn't see the hose that well becuase the cover was still on it. Might pull it off to get a better look tomorrow or flush it to see if any water ends up in the hull.

Does that exhaust still have a water supply to cool it down? Sounds like it's not connected.

Pulled the deck off and had a look. All connected. The hose is resting against the intercooler where it melted. Could it get hot enough to melt the outside of the exhaust hose?

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah_Cambridge View Post
    Pulled the deck off and had a look. All connected. The hose is resting against the intercooler where it melted. Could it get hot enough to melt the outside of the exhaust hose?
    The intercooler itself and outlet to the throttle body should be pretty cold, mine is anyway. My guess is there is incorrect hose routing or a water blockage. If your IC is getting hot enough to melt hoses, id start there.

+1
    why is it that when ever someone has something installed they never go back to have it checked out and corrected?

Quote Originally Posted by r1goombah View Post
    why is it that when ever someone has something installed they never go back to have it checked out and corrected?
    Realest question ever! lol

BTW i see your at the shore. I boat in the manasquan river and around. PM me if you want to rip around & you're still in the water.

Thread Information