+1

2021 Gp1800R SVHO Modding question

So i just placed an order for the new gp. Should be arriving in January. I spoke with Deans team and will be driving it to FL as soon as i get it for a “Deans Team Starter Kit” plus Through hull exhaust. Basically the ski would include
    - ECU Reflash 8650RPM limit
    - Deans Team Repitched Solas prop
    - Riva Power Filter
    - Riva Water Strainer
    - Through hull exhaust

what could i expect the top speed to be at with this?
    Would this be safe to do right out of the box before a break in?

Trying to keep it somewhat reliable so that would be about as high as I would go with the Rpm’s. What else should i put on the list?

+1
    If you spoke to Dean the guy who has all the information why are you asking us? Dean has all if most your answers. If your already kinda second guessing it you should do it..

+1
    Depending on the person you are yes that is fine to break in like that. I broke my 17 gp in with a Dean's 8650. It's not to say something won't happen. Stock skis break during the break in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeVXR View Post
    So i just placed an order for the new gp. Should be arriving in January. I spoke with Deans team and will be driving it to FL as soon as i get it for a “Deans Team Starter Kit” plus Through hull exhaust. Basically the ski would include
    - ECU Reflash 8650RPM limit
    - Deans Team Repitched Solas prop
    - Riva Power Filter
    - Riva Water Strainer
    - Through hull exhaust

what could i expect the top speed to be at with this?
    Would this be safe to do right out of the box before a break in?

Trying to keep it somewhat reliable so that would be about as high as I would go with the Rpm’s. What else should i put on the list?
    I’m not sure what your top speed will be but I’m guessing at that rpm it would be at least 8-10 mph faster than stock. With that said I would highly consider the Riva intake grate! I do not trust cast grates at higher than stock speeds.
    Just my opinion
    And good luck with your new ski. I want one but the wife has my jewels in her back pocket,
    if you know what I mean

5. +1 by:

+1
    I decided to ask that question here instead of calling them. Am I taking too much of your valuable time? If so, I do apologize. You know how they say “If you have nothing nice to respond, don’t respond at all”.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BLASTER 1 View Post
    I’m not sure what your top speed will be but I’m guessing at that rpm it would be at least 8-10 mph faster than stock. With that said I would highly consider the Riva intake grate! I do not trust cast grates at higher than stock speeds.
    Just my opinion
    And good luck with your new ski. I want one but the wife has my jewels in her back pocket,
    if you know what I mean
    I know what you mean lol. Buy her some red bottom heels she might let off a bit. Mine did

but yeah I will get the ride plate and a intake grate for sure. If i can get 10mph i’d be happy with that

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeVXR View Post
    I know what you mean lol. Buy her some red bottom heels she might let off a bit. Mine did

but yeah I will get the ride plate and a intake grate for sure. If i can get 10mph i’d be happy with that
    I wouldnt spend the money on the riva ride plate, its basically the exact same plate that already comes on the ski. I WOULD do the intake grate though. We have a stock 2020 in our group that has a small chunk broken on the stock intake grate.

+1
    You can pretty much expect 1 mph from every 100rpm. It all depends on what rpm the impeller is pitched to. but I would suspect you're looking at about 8,000 rpm 80mph give or take 1 or 2 mph.

10. +1 by:

Thread Information