Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57
  1. #51
    gunner12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    He is thinking the pins that hold the rotors on which indeed can destroy the coating and distort your rotors. You need to pull the rotors (don’t remove the gears though or the bearing plate the gears ride on) and inspect things carefully. My bet is that it is just typical rotor coating peel from poor maintenance or contaminants. Once you have them out it will be much more clear
    Ok makes sense, I'll get it apart and send pictures.

  2. #52
    dcuhpw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    705
    +1
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner12 View Post
    Ok makes sense, I'll get it apart and send pictures.
    Sounds good. When the pins start coming out it absolutely destroys the rotors. Only seen it once though and that was online. Never seen it in person

  3. #53
    gunner12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    Sounds good. When the pins start coming out it absolutely destroys the rotors. Only seen it once though and that was online. Never seen it in person
    Got it apart and the rotors looked great but the coating is flaking off. I just bought a in perfect condition sc. I will put new bearings in it regardless. Paid 980$ with shipping.
    Seems like a good deal. Just want to get it back together and up and running with the mods for cooling and ect.

  4. #54
    dcuhpw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    705
    +1
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner12 View Post
    Got it apart and the rotors looked great but the coating is flaking off. I just bought a in perfect condition sc. I will put new bearings in it regardless. Paid 980$ with shipping.
    Seems like a good deal. Just want to get it back together and up and running with the mods for cooling and ect.
    Sounds good. Yeah, the rotors should be completely rebuildable. Grab a kit for the supercharger from Steve along with a new hub, gaskets and hardware. You can get a slightly smaller pulley if you like. My 250x rebuild thread has some pics for the bearing swap

  5. #55
    gunner12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    Sounds good. Yeah, the rotors should be completely rebuildable. Grab a kit for the supercharger from Steve along with a new hub, gaskets and hardware. You can get a slightly smaller pulley if you like. My 250x rebuild thread has some pics for the bearing swap
    I'll definitely do that for sure and get the kit from him. Not sure with my supercharger is worth now but it's definitely in good shape. The bearings were fine everything else was great. No scoring no pin movement Etc.


  6. #56
    dcuhpw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    705
    +1
    51
    Maybe consider rebuilding it to sell. Once the rotors are coated it’s a simple rebuild process. Just a thought

  7. #57
    gunner12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    33
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    Maybe consider rebuilding it to sell. Once the rotors are coated it’s a simple rebuild process. Just a thought
    I'm in 100% these seem very simple in a all around build. I've been building turbochargers for the last 18 years . Definitely going to fix and sale to regain my$
    By the way, were do you put the fogging port?
    Last edited by gunner12; 10-23-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS - Parts 2007 kawasaki ultra 250x part out
    By ChrisFiore15 in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-16-2017, 06:48 AM
  2. 2007 kawasaki Ultra 250X
    By colombianomiami in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 06:19 PM
  3. FS 2007 Kawasaki ULTRA 250X
    By Socaloffshore in forum Kawasaki Skis
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 01:33 AM
  4. FS Red 2007 Kawasaki Ultra 250X
    By Robsauto2 in forum Kawasaki Skis
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2010, 07:14 PM
  5. 2007 Kawasaki Ultra 250X.
    By blownhotrodder in forum Kawasaki Skis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 03:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •