Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    He is thinking the pins that hold the rotors on which indeed can destroy the coating and distort your rotors. You need to pull the rotors (don’t remove the gears though or the bearing plate the gears ride on) and inspect things carefully. My bet is that it is just typical rotor coating peel from poor maintenance or contaminants. Once you have them out it will be much more clear
    Ok makes sense, I'll get it apart and send pictures.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner12 View Post
    Ok makes sense, I'll get it apart and send pictures.
    Sounds good. When the pins start coming out it absolutely destroys the rotors. Only seen it once though and that was online. Never seen it in person

+1
    Sounds good. When the pins start coming out it absolutely destroys the rotors. Only seen it once though and that was online. Never seen it in person
    Got it apart and the rotors looked great but the coating is flaking off. I just bought a in perfect condition sc. I will put new bearings in it regardless. Paid 980$ with shipping.
    Seems like a good deal. Just want to get it back together and up and running with the mods for cooling and ect.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner12 View Post
    Got it apart and the rotors looked great but the coating is flaking off. I just bought a in perfect condition sc. I will put new bearings in it regardless. Paid 980$ with shipping.
    Seems like a good deal. Just want to get it back together and up and running with the mods for cooling and ect.
    Sounds good. Yeah, the rotors should be completely rebuildable. Grab a kit for the supercharger from Steve along with a new hub, gaskets and hardware. You can get a slightly smaller pulley if you like. My 250x rebuild thread has some pics for the bearing swap

+1
    Sounds good. Yeah, the rotors should be completely rebuildable. Grab a kit for the supercharger from Steve along with a new hub, gaskets and hardware. You can get a slightly smaller pulley if you like. My 250x rebuild thread has some pics for the bearing swap
    I'll definitely do that for sure and get the kit from him. Not sure with my supercharger is worth now but it's definitely in good shape. The bearings were fine everything else was great. No scoring no pin movement Etc.

+1
    Maybe consider rebuilding it to sell. Once the rotors are coated it’s a simple rebuild process. Just a thought

+1
    Maybe consider rebuilding it to sell. Once the rotors are coated it’s a simple rebuild process. Just a thought
    I'm in 100% these seem very simple in a all around build. I've been building turbochargers for the last 18 years . Definitely going to fix and sale to regain my$
    By the way, were do you put the fogging port?
    Last edited by gunner12; 10-23-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information