Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner12 View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure but that's what Jon emailed me. I will check with steve.
    Im going to pull it apart tonight and see whats going on inside besides the coating failure.
    If john hadn’t seen the rotors yet while disassembled, send him another picture with closeups. He probably thinks it sucked up something into the rotors and damaged them and while that not impossible with that open intake it’s unlikely.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    If john hadn’t seen the rotors yet while disassembled, send him another picture with closeups. He probably thinks it sucked up something into the rotors and damaged them and while that not impossible with that open intake it’s unlikely.
    I will do that! I did find a SC thats the same size and can be rebuilt over and over. I will post pictures when I have the unit in hand in the next few days.

+1
    I will do that! I did find a SC thats the same size and can be rebuilt over and over. I will post pictures when I have the unit in hand in the next few days.
    Do you mean a different model supercharger that fits the ski?

+1
    Do you mean a different model supercharger that fits the ski?
    I would have to make brackets to fit the supercharger. from my research the only concern is volume per revolution.
    the TX20 is 2 liters per rev and the M62 is 1.016 liters per rev. I am looking at pulley options to see if we can speed things up. The Max rpm for a M62 is 14,000 with a max of 15psi. The cost to rebuild these chargers is 200$ crazy cheep and no coating.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JPEG_20201020_104301_7478659714403252662.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	468290  

+1
    Might be a waste of time, but if so I will need to find me a good SC and rebuild it. Or maybe upgrade to the eaton 300 sc. and fab that one up.

+1
    That looks like the little Toyota van superchargers. Personally I’d recommend you stick with the ogura. Swapping to the Eaton supercharger is very very complex and is not just a matter of building the right bracket. Your belt pulleys won’t align and your tensioner system will have to be updated. All these mods are much more expensive than getting a new ogura supercharger. The ogura design is actually pretty neat. I would upgrade the bearings and hardware out of the box though. Especially the hub and pulley.

+1
    That looks like the little Toyota van superchargers. Personally Id recommend you stick with the ogura. Swapping to the Eaton supercharger is very very complex and is not just a matter of building the right bracket. Your belt pulleys wont align and your tensioner system will have to be updated. All these mods are much more expensive than getting a new ogura supercharger. The ogura design is actually pretty neat. I would upgrade the bearings and hardware out of the box though. Especially the hub and pulley.
    I agree, might be a while before I can spend 3grand+ on one. But might get lucky and find a good one to rebuild.

+1
    I agree, might be a while before I can spend 3grand+ on one. But might get lucky and find a good one to rebuild.
    Id get the one you have rebuilt. A new one can be had for about $1700. Can’t see any reason your rotors couldn’t be recoated unless they are deformed. The bearing swap is very simple.

+1
    Id get the one you have rebuilt. A new one can be had for about $1700. Can’t see any reason your rotors couldn’t be recoated unless they are deformed. The bearing swap is very simple.
    The sc spins with a slight hang up from the coating build up in one spot. I will take it apart and check the rotors.
    Were can they be recoated if they are good? Here is what jon sent me from the pictures I took.

We cannot repair this. Rotor coating coming off on the Ogura units is an indication of rotor extrusion turning on the shaft. That means it has an oblong pin.

There are no new rotors available and we are unable to save your unit. While we do repair on other rotors styles, Ogura units cannot be repaired if the coating is coming loose.

Thank you!

Thank you,

Jon Bond

Jon Bond Performance LLC
    600 Diagonal St

+1
    The sc spins with a slight hang up from the coating build up in one spot. I will take it apart and check the rotors.
    Were can they be recoated if they are good? Here is what jon sent me from the pictures I took.

We cannot repair this. Rotor coating coming off on the Ogura units is an indication of rotor extrusion turning on the shaft. That means it has an oblong pin.

There are no new rotors available and we are unable to save your unit. While we do repair on other rotors styles, Ogura units cannot be repaired if the coating is coming loose.

Thank you!

Thank you,

Jon Bond

Jon Bond Performance LLC
    600 Diagonal St
    He is thinking the pins that hold the rotors on which indeed can destroy the coating and distort your rotors. You need to pull the rotors (don’t remove the gears though or the bearing plate the gears ride on) and inspect things carefully. My bet is that it is just typical rotor coating peel from poor maintenance or contaminants. Once you have them out it will be much more clear

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information