Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

Is an upgraded intercooler overkill to get GP1800R SVHO to 80mph?

Looking to make my gp1800 reliable when i get it and im looking for high 70s to 80 mph...Just so my buddies rxpx 300 knows whats up lol.

Is doing an intercooler overkill for my needs? i just figured it incorporates the blow off so it was a 2 birds one stone kinda deal.

My idea is
    intake
    blow off and intercooler
    tune
    breather
    prop
    Last edited by K447; 10-01-2020 at 10:16 PM. Reason: thread title clarity

I can say that it’s probably not needed to just hit high 70s or 80. A lot of guys are doing exactly that with a riva stage 1 plus. Blow off valve is certainly a good idea regardless I agree.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam4pt6 View Post
    I can say that it’s probably not needed to just hit high 70s or 80. A lot of guys are doing exactly that with a riva stage 1 plus. Blow off valve is certainly a good idea regardless I agree.
    yah probably not, however i feel its silly to pay quite a bit of the intercooler cost for a bov kit...then if i went to intercooler upgrade id have the extra pipe i no longer need....plus i feel like a better intercooler may not be needed but may be better anyway. Maybe not im new to superchargers

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    WIth an intercooler you’d be running a stage 2 tune which puts you 82-86 mph most likely depending on conditions

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by savageman69 View Post
    yah probably not, however i feel its silly to pay quite a bit of the intercooler cost for a bov kit...then if i went to intercooler upgrade id have the extra pipe i no longer need....plus i feel like a better intercooler may not be needed but may be better anyway. Maybe not im new to superchargers
    you’re not wrong, a better intercooler would be better yes. I’m not saying it isn’t needed for your goal. If you do choose to upgrade the intercooler just keep in mind what positive impacts that’s having on the air side of things and make sure you run the appropriate tune. And of course make sure you have the appropriate supporting mods for that tune (valve spring retainers if spinning above 8600rpm for example).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    WIth an intercooler you’d be running a stage 2 tune which puts you 82-86 mph most likely depending on conditions
    humm...so in theroy i could detune....i dont want to run high rpm or anything...just want a solid reliable machine but still run when i need to...i dont want to get into valve train.

go with an Stage 1 Plus and you will get, depents on conditions and temp around 80-82
    Stage 2 needs retainers as well to spin high...

For what your trying to do a Stock intercooler with a BOV IMO.

+1
    You will likely end up upgrading the intercooler eventually anyway. When you do, you will see just how terrible the stock intercooler is. Doing either a Fizzle or Gen3 Riva intercooler gives HUGE gains in both acceleration and top speed. Most people see 2.5 mph gain and night and day difference in acceleration. You can save $100 off the listed price of either of those intercoolers in the GreenHulk Store.

11. +1 by:

+1
    Im running a fizzle intercooler and a stage 2 tune with an 8600rpm limit with no retainers. Lucky to hit 81mph

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information