Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    2017 GP1800: Stage 1 plus, ribbon delete, breather, 13/18 solas prop, ultimate cold air intake, riva ride plate

    Top speed 81 mph, then 77-78 after heat soak. I'm also considering going to stage 2 with a fizzle/riva intercooler upgrade.

    It seems the stock intercooler will get you to 81 only on your first high speed run, then it quickly fades to upper 70's on the Stage 1 plus tune.


  2. #12
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,799
    +1
    943
    Yes the major drop off is from heat soak. The Fizzle Y1000 gets rid of intercooler heat soak!!

    Quote Originally Posted by emarc View Post
    2017 GP1800: Stage 1 plus, ribbon delete, breather, 13/18 solas prop, ultimate cold air intake, riva ride plate

    Top speed 81 mph, then 77-78 after heat soak. I'm also considering going to stage 2 with a fizzle/riva intercooler upgrade.

    It seems the stock intercooler will get you to 81 only on your first high speed run, then it quickly fades to upper 70's on the Stage 1 plus tune.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    Im running a fizzle intercooler and a stage 2 tune with an 8600rpm limit with no retainers. Lucky to hit 81mph
    He is in Wisconson and you are in Texas. His water never gets warm and yours never gets cold...

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    He is in Wisconson and you are in Texas. His water never gets warm and yours never gets cold...
    Lol

  5. #15
    pwc4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    467
    +1
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    Im running a fizzle intercooler and a stage 2 tune with an 8600rpm limit with no retainers. Lucky to hit 81mph
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    He is in Wisconson and you are in Texas. His water never gets warm and yours never gets cold...
    Reaper, can you share some more info about your setup? Your limit may be 8600, but what is your running RPM? Your prop could be holding you back. My friend was hitting 86mph peak and 84mph consistently on his '17 GP with Riva stage 2.

    Outlaw, I've rode in water from 40F to 78F here in MI and not noticed an impact on top speed. From my experience the water temp alone running thru the IC effects throttle response and how quickly heat fade sets in. DA of the air due to elevation, humidity and air temp seems to have a much larger impact on peak speed. Obviously WI will be cooler than TX, but we get some nasty humidity up here in the summer and are between 1000-2000ft above sea level. Most of July this year I was seeing DA between 3500-4000ft.

  6. #16
    Saum700p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    507
    +1
    83
    I agree with the above statement... Is it needed to get you there, no... But is it a worthy upgrade, yes. Lower air intake temps will keep you more consistent on warmer days and at thee nd of longer runs. Also as you stated the cost of the bov puts you a good way into the intercooler and blow off combo. I would suggest going with the intercooler. I run a Fizzle/Tial combo and can recommend it.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    Reaper, can you share some more info about your setup? Your limit may be 8600, but what is your running RPM? Your prop could be holding you back. My friend was hitting 86mph peak and 84mph consistently on his '17 GP with Riva stage 2.

    Outlaw, I've rode in water from 40F to 78F here in MI and not noticed an impact on top speed. From my experience the water temp alone running thru the IC effects throttle response and how quickly heat fade sets in. DA of the air due to elevation, humidity and air temp seems to have a much larger impact on peak speed. Obviously WI will be cooler than TX, but we get some nasty humidity up here in the summer and are between 1000-2000ft above sea level. Most of July this year I was seeing DA between 3500-4000ft.
    My testing shows different results. I have a water change of 10 degrees pull 100 more rpms. From one day to the next.

  8. #18
    pwc4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    467
    +1
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    My testing shows different results. I have a water change of 10 degrees pull 100 more rpms. From one day to the next.
    Your water temps change that drastically day to day? And you've verified air density altitude did not change between those runs on different days? I'm not suggesting you're wrong or that it's not possible, but I find it surprising. I tend to believe it's more likely that changes in air temp, barometric pressure and humidity were the most likely culprits of that 100rpm change. It doesn't take much.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    Your water temps change that drastically day to day? And you've verified air density altitude did not change between those runs on different days? I'm not suggesting you're wrong or that it's not possible, but I find it surprising. I tend to believe it's more likely that changes in air temp, barometric pressure and humidity were the most likely culprits of that 100rpm change. It doesn't take much.
    I find it surprising you cant understand the water temp changing 10 degrees in one day.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Posts
    628
    +1
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    Reaper, can you share some more info about your setup? Your limit may be 8600, but what is your running RPM? Your prop could be holding you back. My friend was hitting 86mph peak and 84mph consistently on his '17 GP with Riva stage 2.

    Outlaw, I've rode in water from 40F to 78F here in MI and not noticed an impact on top speed. From my experience the water temp alone running thru the IC effects throttle response and how quickly heat fade sets in. DA of the air due to elevation, humidity and air temp seems to have a much larger impact on peak speed. Obviously WI will be cooler than TX, but we get some nasty humidity up here in the summer and are between 1000-2000ft above sea level. Most of July this year I was seeing DA between 3500-4000ft.
    2018 Gp1800
    Riva power filter intake
    riva cooling
    Worx cooling directly to the Fizzle Y1000 Intercooler, with stock line going to the anode
    2019 GP1800r ride plate, shimmed with 1 washer in the front
    13/20 prop
    deans extended steering nozzle
    stock sealed intake grate
    went from 80.2mph @8350 rpm before sealing the grate to 81.7mph @8270 rpm after back to back testing, air temp was 86-88 degrees water temp probably around 68 degrees. 900ft ASL
    I will be doing some testing when the water temps get much lower, they usually dont go below 40 degress in my area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Aquatrax Overkill
    By CaptainBob in forum Honda Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-11-2018, 08:54 PM
  2. Motec m130 - Seadoo 260- overkill.?
    By jerryspringer in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-18-2014, 05:39 PM
  3. Is a High-collar Mustang vest overkill for a 52-mph Waverunner?
    By njjoe in forum High Performance Watercraft Safety
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 09:41 PM
  4. I am guessing this IC is OVERKILL - but I have room for it :)
    By Jim-C180 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-08-2010, 11:36 PM
  5. Another New Buyer thread. Is the Ultra 250 overkill?
    By Corey R. in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 08:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •