Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I'm tired of Yamaha...

Guys Im at the end of the rope. I have done nothing all year long but break Yamaha superchargers and clutches. Riva supercharger shafts are just as bad and I have had all I want. I could have easily put a custom turbo kit on this boat with the money I have spent on these parts. Apparently the pre Gen 4 shafts from Riva are crap but they will upgrade my old one of course if I buy it. LOL.

Nothing at Yamaha has been done that actually works to correct any of these issues. So Im basically tired of spending money on crap. I have broke two Riva units. Each time they break of course the entire wheel is junk then...

We were told when the SVHO chargers came out that even with the stock wheel a Riva shaft was a good idea. I don't believe this anymore.

Other than turbo any advice...

+1
    I seen this video of a guy with a hayabusa engine in his FZR maybe that's a good alternative.. But seriously Yamaha has a new update clutch I'm curious about that.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    You have broken both OEM and Yamaha supercharger shafts? Multiples of each?

Summary of what kind of riding you are doing, in what kinds of water?

Summary of what hardware you have installed, and what is failing?

Stock supercharger wheels?

What tune and RPM limit?

Is this all using the same supercharger housing and idler gear?

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    You have broken both OEM and Yamaha supercharger shafts? Multiples of each?

Summary of what kind of riding you are doing, in what kinds of water?

Summary of what hardware you have installed, and what is failing?

Stock supercharger wheels?

What tune and RPM limit?

Is this all using the same supercharger housing and idler gear?
    I will give the OEM shaft some slack, It was an 09 stock shaft with several years of a et 15.5 wheel. Happened early this year on a 94 mph run.

The two riva units had 17 pounds wheels on them. They are breaking at the neck down in the shaft. It is not an oiling issue. It a design flaw. The shaft should be the same size and the hole in the wheel should be larger with a larger nut. I have a 16FZR with a completely stock wheel and shaft and at this point I would not think of spending the money on the Riva shaft with stock wheel for longevity, because I have no faith it would matter.

The rpms are normally between 8800 and 9000....

Different engine, clutches, ildlers and entire new supercharger assembley.

+1
    i dunno maybe its just me...but i dont see how you can blame yamaha for you running a machine at over 90 mph and 9000rpm.....Clearly they didnt intend people to try and make it a space ship.

this is the cost of not knowing when enough is enough, go push any oem ski to over 90 and 9000 rpm...you really think a brp 300 wouldnt spit chargers, carbon seals...crank bolts, valve train, who knows what else.

OEM is handling what it's designed to do. If aftermarket can't keep up, you may need to ask what you're really trying to accomplish. Anyone running over 94MPH is not recreationally riding their ski, it's mainly short burst drags. I'd consider a turbo, sounds like that's your level now.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    I will give the OEM shaft some slack, It was an 2009 stock shaft with several years of a et 15.5 wheel. Happened early this year on a 94 mph run.

The two riva [shafts] had 17 pound wheels on them. They are breaking at the neck down in the shaft...

The rpms are normally between 8800 and 9000....

Different engine, clutches, idlers and entire new supercharger assembly.
    The 11 year old OEM supercharger shaft with aftermarket compressor wheel failed at nearly 9000 RPM and 94 mph? That seems to be impressive more than disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The 11 year old OEM supercharger shaft with aftermarket compressor wheel failed at nearly 9000 RPM and 94 mph? That seems to be impressive more than disappointing.
    Thats why I said what I said about it...because it appears the stock shaft is far better than the Riva setup...

Quote Originally Posted by savageman69 View Post
    i dunno maybe its just me...but i dont see how you can blame yamaha for you running a machine at over 90 mph and 9000rpm.....Clearly they didnt intend people to try and make it a space ship.

this is the cost of not knowing when enough is enough, go push any oem ski to over 90 and 9000 rpm...you really think a brp 300 wouldnt spit chargers, carbon seals...crank bolts, valve train, who knows what else.
    Is the clutch in stock form yamaha's fault? Or my fault for buying it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    Is the clutch in stock form yamaha's fault? Or my fault for buying it?
    what about it? there are plenty of people getting years...and 100s of hours on stock charger clutches...just because the people on here abuse them and cry when they fail doesnt speak to the entire volume of svhos sold....Im sorry but this is no different than anything else, its a wear item...do you bitch when you burn the tires off your car??

Leave it stock and it last 100s of hours....i dont feel yamaha is at fault because you choose to try and go 100 mph.

You choose to modify it beyond reliability so it is what it is.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information