Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by savageman69 View Post
    what about it? there are plenty of people getting years...and 100s of hours on stock charger clutches...just because the people on here abuse them and cry when they fail doesnt speak to the entire volume of svhos sold....Im sorry but this is no different than anything else, its a wear item...do you bitch when you burn the tires off your car??

Leave it stock and it last 100s of hours....i dont feel yamaha is at fault because you choose to try and go 100 mph.

You choose to modify it beyond reliability so it is what it is.
    I just told you the clutches fail all the time in stock boats. Why are you having trouble understanding thats on Yamaha!

2. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    I just told you the clutches fail all the time in stock boats. Why are you having trouble understanding thats on Yamaha!
    because i know 4 people with gps and 1 has replaced a clutch at over 200 hrs. If they failed ALL THE TIME...it would be a wide spread problem and a recall...and its not. I ride with gps all the time none of them have issues. Perhaps its something your doing

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Best bet is to go turbo, you aint going to get that reliability or speed on a seadoo. This is either user error somewhow or something is the common denominator that is causing the failures.

If you choose to go turbo do it right and dont cut any corners or else you will be back in here blaming Yamaha.

I got 250 hrs out of mine

6. +1 by:

+1
    I think a Turbo is what you really need !

Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    Best bet is to go turbo, you aint going to get that reliability or speed on a seadoo. This is either user error somewhow or something is the common denominator that is causing the failures.

If you choose to go turbo do it right and dont cut any corners or else you will be back in here blaming Yamaha.
    I am very pleased to this point with everything the 1.8 has to offer as far as longevity with the exception of the Supercharger issues. I have been inside several engines and rarely see any issues of bearing wear, etc. I have been lucky and havent had any head cracking issues. Knock on wood. But in all honestly we have several people that have supercharger clutch issues in stock form, its not a rare issue. That is going to happen, I promise you all. That part of the setup is crap. Crap in stock form. And could accept this if we could get Yamaha parts to rebuild the superchargers on planned intervals. But we cant get these parts from Yamaha without buying the whole assembly. If you take one apart, which Im sure you have, you will see what Im saying. Also in 2016 we have to pull the supercharger out and pin the volute to keep it from slipping. It later been fixed but guys, seriously, that not a defect from Yamaha, in stock form?

Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    I think a Turbo is what you really need !

Its already in the works...

There are alot of variables but I can tell you if you do any kind of holeshots, wave jumping, closed course, or really rough riding it wont matter what boost wheel it is your going to eat through chargers and clutches sooner than later.Now if your mainly a smooth river rider and just rip it every once in a while from a rolling start then I would say for sure there is an issue somewhere.Perhaps the blow off valve sticking or the insides of the charger going out.Either of those issues and it wont matter how many parts you replace cause they wont even last one pass.
    ET30 10K rpm on OEM clutch and 0 issues

Lake Lion
    +1
    I will give the OEM shaft some slack, It was an 09 stock shaft with several years of a et 15.5 wheel. Happened early this year on a 94 mph run...

94 mph on a 15.5? You must ride in Holy water.

Quote Originally Posted by Danetwork View Post
    I seen this video of a guy with a hayabusa engine in his FZR maybe that's a good alternative.. But seriously Yamaha has a new update clutch I'm curious about that.
    It was a fake video. 1.8 is more HP then the hyabusa. It was a turbo fz and the guy speed up the video thats why it sounded that way. Huge viral fAke news.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information