Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Ventilation/cavitation

Reading a lot about resealing transom etc. My ski out of the hole feels very inefficient. Like it has no thrust. But, once Iím on plane and going 20+ I can jam on the throttle and it feels very responsive and accelerated quickly. Iím assuming Iím experiencing air turbulence in the pump area and quickly researched what I could do to fix it. I read on a thread that sealing the intake grate to the transom is a must. Others say itís not needed. Anyone with experience with this that can provide results that work and possibly a picture Highlighting where the sealant should be applied? I can tell you I donít have any sealant what so ever in or around the intake grate. I only have the factory rubber fingers inside the grate with the grate cavities filled with resin.

I use 5200 on the transom plate. I would not use that on the intake grate. Will be difficult to remove

My ski did the same thing. I had an air leak around the mid-wall where driveshaft coupler is sealed on. It pulled the inserts out.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    I resealed my transom, filled the two gaps in the housing with epoxy and scuffed both surfaces with wire wheel. I used 3m 5200 to seal it, also now will be a good time to get the 160mm modification done to the transom, Deans offers the service, where they machine the housing to remove the step before the wear ring.

I also installed the new riva intake grate and I have seen 0 cavitation since.

Dean's Team SVHO Transom Plate Modification Service

DT Transom Plate mod service
    The Dean's Team Transom Plate Modification (for Yamaha GP1800 & FX SVHO WaveRunners) is now available! Reduce cavitation and increase the water volume to the pump with this tapered design. The improved design was created to optimize water flow from when it enters up through the intake grate so th...
    $149.00
    Add To Cart

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    Reading a lot about resealing transom etc. My ski out of the hole feels very inefficient. Like it has no thrust. But, once I’m on plane and going 20+ I can jam on the throttle and it feels very responsive and accelerated quickly. I’m assuming I’m experiencing air turbulence in the pump area and quickly researched what I could do to fix it. I read on a thread that sealing the intake grate to the transom is a must. Others say it’s not needed. Anyone with experience with this that can provide results that work and possibly a picture Highlighting where the sealant should be applied? I can tell you I don’t have any sealant what so ever in or around the intake grate. I only have the factory rubber fingers inside the grate with the grate cavities filled with resin.
    I would definitely reseal the transom plate with 5200. Good info here
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117375

5. +1 by:

+1
    any pictures? I wouldn’t use 5200 on anything except transom. Where is the midwall on the transom?
    Quote Originally Posted by elias799 View Post
    I use 5200 on the transom plate. I would not use that on the intake grate. Will be difficult to remove

My ski did the same thing. I had an air leak around the mid-wall where driveshaft coupler is sealed on. It pulled the inserts out.

+1
    I am definitely doing the transom mod from dean. When you say you filled gaps in housing do you mean the transom plate? Do you have pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    I resealed my transom, filled the two gaps in the housing with epoxy and scuffed both surfaces with wire wheel. I used 3m 5200 to seal it, also now will be a good time to get the 160mm modification done to the transom, Deans offers the service, where they machine the housing to remove the step before the wear ring.

I also installed the new riva intake grate and I have seen 0 cavitation since.

Dean's Team SVHO Transom Plate Modification Service

DT Transom Plate mod service
    The Dean's Team Transom Plate Modification (for Yamaha GP1800 & FX SVHO WaveRunners) is now available! Reduce cavitation and increase the water volume to the pump with this tapered design. The improved design was created to optimize water flow from when it enters up through the intake grate so th...
    $149.00
    Add To Cart

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    follow the thread Jerry posted, that tells you all the info.

+1
    Will do. I’m going to send off my transom to Dean in the meantime. Hopefully this will help. Thanks everyone.

+1
    Will 4200 be ok to use? I feel like 5200 is overkill.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    Will 4200 be ok to use? I feel like 5200 is overkill.
    I always use 5200 fast cure on the transom plates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information