+1

2005 RXT Spark Plug Color

White smoke from exhaust.

Checked intercooler and was clean.

Seems to be burning some oil.

All 3 plugs look similar and have about 8 hours on them.

Ski has about 150 hoursClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200927_124724.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	467548Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200927_124729.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	467549Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200927_124736.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	467550
    Attachment 467551

Those plugs don’t look bad to me. If it was ingesting water the ceramic would be snow white. If that was my plug I would not be concerned. I would be more concerned if it was clean. If you are worried about the intercooler leaking, get it pressure tested.

Don’t know how much steam is coming from your exhaust, but some steam is normal.

3. +1 by:

+1
    It seems to burn a quart of oil about every 8-10 hours and coolant keeps disappearing out of the reservoir with no signs of leaks. No oil or antifreeze seen anywhere.

Sometimes you do see hesitation after holding the RPMs around 4,000 and then you try to go wide open throttle it takes about 5 seconds before it opens up.

Not sure what that cause is

+1
    How many hours on the machine? I would be concerned if coolant is dropping as it should not change.
    If you can, open your hull drains and tilt the ski trailer tounge up and see what pours out .
    There is a depression in the hull under the engine, leaks can hide there and you can't see it.

+1
    I don't know but that looks like some sort of residue from either the type of fuel you are burning or water with antifreeze added. All my plugs come out white with a very light tinge of beige on part of the porcelain. Yours are coated. Maybe intercooler leaking but that usually steams the plugs. You are burning coolant or weird gas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    How many hours on the machine? I would be concerned if coolant is dropping as it should not change.
    If you can, open your hull drains and tilt the ski trailer tounge up and see what pours out .
    There is a depression in the hull under the engine, leaks can hide there and you can't see it.
    There is about 155-160 hours I believe. I have tipped it back and it appears dry in the hull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sucks2bu View Post
    I don't know but that looks like some sort of residue from either the type of fuel you are burning or water with antifreeze added. All my plugs come out white with a very light tinge of beige on part of the porcelain. Yours are coated. Maybe intercooler leaking but that usually steams the plugs. You are burning coolant or weird gas.
    With the coolant level dropping slightly that could be it. It does blow white steam out the exhaust more then it used to. Always use 93 in it, started noticing it burning oil and coolant dropping about 25 hours ago. Been checking it before each ride and topping off if needed.

+1
    Might as well do a compression test to see where the leak is. More than likely a head gasket. Be prepared to change out your exhaust valves on head while it's apart. I've blown 4 engines because of bad valves. .

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    Definitely check your coolant Happened to my buddy's friend. Good thing they immediately noticed the coolant level.

Thread Information