Thread: 2013 vxr ho

2013 vxr ho

Hello everyone this is my first post

I am new to PWC world and I just bought this 1.8 VXR in great conditions with 108 hrs. My evaluation to the ski it is pretty nice at top end. But in the low end It seems a lot of load.

so my question is what Upgrades I can add to this ski to perform better in the low end and gain some MPH in the top speed.

p.s our water temperature when riding is between 30c - 33c

your input is highly appreciated.
    Last edited by Ahmidy; 09-27-2020 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Typo

+1
    Are you saying that your 2013 VXR is sluggish on the lower end? My 2012 VXS and 2013 VXR are not sluggish at all on the lower end.

If your top speed is good, I doubt that you have anything stuck in your grate or impeller. Take a good look anyway. Maybe your impeller is slightly damaged or there is excessive impeller to wear ring clearance.

What is your ski's top speed as measured by gps? The speedometer reading is meaningless unless you've got the CanDoo gps speedo module.

Yes. I mean it is kind of roughness in the tip in .. high rpm and slow in the low end.

I can not measure top speed yet. WOT is still very fast for me. Like I said in the top end i feel the speed.

+1
    Roughness? The first thing to try is a new set of spark plugs. It seems like these modern Yamaha 4-stroke engines really want to have 100% perfect spark plugs. Many people have experienced total improvement of their "ailing" engines just by replacing the spark plugs.

A neighbor of mine was having some engine roughness with his VX and I suggested that he replace the spark plugs. It fixed up his ski completely. There are plenty of other examples on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyual777 View Post
    Roughness? The first thing to try is a new set of spark plugs. It seems like these modern Yamaha 4-stroke engines really want to have 100% perfect spark plugs. Many people have experienced total improvement of their "ailing" engines just by replacing the spark plugs.

A neighbor of mine was having some engine roughness with his VX and I suggested that he replace the spark plugs. It fixed up his ski completely. There are plenty of other examples on this forum.
    Thanks

I think that makes sense

I bought the oil change kit few days ago which includes a new set of spark plugs.

This is will be my first oil and spark plugs change since I got it from the previous owner.

I hope it will improve

any spark plug gaping advice or no need?

+1
    Plugs in the kit should be NGK-LFR 6 A and should be pre-gapped around .031 if you want to check.

Thread Information