Sea Doo 587 Help

I have been beating my head against the wall with this 1995 SP which has been a nightmare. The synopsis of what is happens is as follows;
    I run the ski for 30-40 at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, varying it around the lake. I start to loose a little RPM and then it drops 1500rpm. It begins to surge. If I take it down to a high idle for 10 mins, runs great for another 30 mins or so. I have replaced the following:
    spark plugs
    rebuilt the carb
    new fuel lines
    bypassed fuel selector
    new stator
    new coil
    new voltage regulator
    new battery
    clean fuel pickup

I am a certified sea Doo mechanic and this is the first one in 20 years that has given me such a headache. I’m leaning towards an inner crank seal that when it gets hot, allows for my pulse line to loose “pressure” which in turn drops my fuel pump capacity. The engine is not seizing, compression is 150psi on each cyl. I’m at a loss.

+1
    Do you have an in line fuel filter on the system? I had issues with my 587 SPI (1996) and it was doing the same thing kinda. It would kill but had problems recoverning.

Next.... Check the strainer at the bottom of the fuel baffle. I had one restrict fuel flow but only at high power. It would drain all the fuel from inside the baffle even thought the fuel tank was full. I found it strange the fuel gauge would read low. Good Luck !

I have removed the inline filter and have my lines going straight from the carb to the tank. I also have cleaned the strainer but will pull it again to check it. Thanks for the response.

+1
    I had one this year giving symptoms similar to that. The new aftermarket coil was the problem.

Thread Information