2000 xl1200 ltd running on 2 cylinders

I believe this ski is running on 2 cylinders (pto and center). When running if i remove the flywheel side spark plug there is no change. Removing the others the ski runs considerably worse. Compression test is ok, 120psi in all cylinders. Spark is bright blue and strong on all cylinders. So that leaves fuel? What is the best way to check for fuel? Getting at these carbs is a challenge. Anything I can do before disassembling?

I am new to this motor, how critical are the reeds to a running cylinder. I did the finger test on all reeds before
    assembly and this cylinders reeds didnít have the same popping sensation that the others did. Could that cause a no fire scenario?

Thanks!

+1
    Check every cylinder individually after the engine is a bit warm. It should start on each cylinder individually on the trailer. If the one doesn't, then try swapping plugs or squirting a wee bit of carb cleaner in there. Then you'll know if it's related to spark or fuel.

i pulled the exhaust and airbox so i could see if carbs are spraying fuel. I can see the filter fill with fuel as i crank, but when i look at the carbs while opening the throttle i do not see a stream of fuel spray into the carb. Should I?

+1
    It can be difficult to see fuel flowing.

I have a 1999 1200 xl limited that has a sbt engine in it which I just re-ringed and resealed due to pto cylinder failure. I am wanting to add a rive flame arrestor, machine has d plate and chip. I have I believe Mikuni I body carburetors on this because they have no externally adjustable jets on them, would I still use Oside Bill's recipe for jetting this ski to accept a riva flame arrestor? Or is there other jetting I should do?

I went through the carbs and found 2 issues. Blockage in low speed circuit on one carb, and the accelerator pump wasnt working. These are fixed now, ski is running on all 3 cylinders. I took it to the boat landing and ran it on the trailer, i have a bog around 4k and i cant get it to rev up. Ski is stock other then a d-plate. Stock carb settings with new spark plugs. What should be checked next?

+1
    Itís probably a fuel blockage , I just went thru the same issue on a XLT1200 . Or a faulty spark plug lead , replace all three to be sure .

Where should i be checking for a fuel blockage? Where is the best place to source spark plug wires?

+1
    I found a blocked return passage on our GP1200R when I rebuilt the center carb.

Thread Information