Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

RXT-X 300 or GP1800R SVHO

Wanting to upgrade from a 2017 Sea Doo GTI 155 Limited, I'm looking into getting either a 2021 GP1800R SVHO or a 2021 Sea Doo RXT-X 300.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about the new Yamaha but I'm wondering if the ride is going to be too harsh in Green Bay and Door County, Wisconsin waves which are almost like the ocean.

I want something that is fast and maneuverable to race around on smoother water but also capable of offering a comfortable ride while cruising in rougher water (if this is possible). Thanks

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I ride on Lake Michigan a lot. GP1800 does just fine out there.

Its really the best of all worlds. Good in rough water and fast as hell on smooth.

You won’t be disappointed
    Last edited by K447; 09-18-2020 at 03:24 PM.

+1
    You should try both machines and then make your decisions. I have tried GP in choppy conditions and in my opinion Yamaha offers a very vet and bumpy ride compared to TX platform. I took a lot more punishment then I have on Seadoo. Even new FX spray water right in your face when riding through choppy waters.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mario View Post
    You should try both machines and then make your decisions. I have tried GP in choppy conditions and in my opinion Yamaha offers a very vet and bumpy ride compared to TX platform. I took a lot more punishment then I have on Seadoo. Even new FX spray water right in your face when riding through choppy waters.

That is great advice and exactly how I feel about the 2020 Gp in the chop , I have a ridding buddy that even says he needs a couple of beers before going out in the rough....I don't ride with him much now

+1
    Its why they need foot well drains

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Its why they need foot well drains

Lol

+1
    K447 is looking, queue 8 paragraph 1000 word response in 3 ..2 ..1 ..

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    K447 is looking ..1 ..

10. +1 by:

+1
    I was talking to a guy named "gleason" on PM and he had this to say

"So it really comes down to what your purpose is.

If you are going to use the ski and intend to have a passenger or tow a tube etc then it is RXTX all the way.

The RXTX is significantly better in the chop, not just a bit but significantly better, rides a lot like a Kawasaki 310 on chop.

We have the international model and the RXTX is faster off the mark and faster top end as the limiters kick in.

The RXTX is a dry ride, the GP1800 isn't and the GP tends to throw water over the front of the ski so goggles come in handy, not a problem for the RXTX.

The RXTX has more flexibility with modes, the no wake mode, sports mode and launch control are all very good on the RXTX, GP1800 has none.

The RXTX only has a 60l fuel cell (unless you get a 2020 model) the Gp1800 has a 70L and is significantly better on fuel, gives you better range but even with the larger capacity it just seems far superiors on fuel.

The RXTX is an absolute pain in the arse to fuel with where the petrol cap is situation, its just plain dumb. The finish on the RXTX is a constant concern with spilling fuel on it and the damage fuel can cause so we are always mindful to be super careful when fuelling. The GP1800 has no such issues but can spit fuel back at you on refuel, but spill some on it and it doesn't damage the ski.

Both skis have plenty of space to be able to get into the hull and work on them.

The GP1800 is super nimble, RXTX simply can't run around buoys like a GP, the GP is light, feels nimble and is incredible to ride fast. The fun factor for the GP is off the charts.

The carbon seal on the RXTX is a pain in the arse, 30 second flush routine and then shut it down, no such problems with the Gp1800.

The storage of the RXTX is superior and the phone cell with USB is really good. The speakers are good as well.

The Ride system on the Gp1800 is better then the RXTX for moving around tight spaces. Both stop very effectively.

The footwells on the GP disperse water really well as they are shallow, the RXTX retains water in them.

If it's for the family go the RXTX if its for you and you are young its the GP all the way and its not even a contest.

If you want to make it go fast the GP1800 is a weapon and you can mod it for additional speed with minimal cost. I wouldn't be doing any thing to the seadoo.

I have had 2 FZS, a Kawasaki 310LX and now these two skis. Both the RXTX and GP are better then the other skis I have had.

The GP is just a weapon and a good ski for a younger person the RXTX is probably the best of both worlds.

So just for the record I am a Yamaha person, but the first ski I bought when I had the choice of the two was the seadoo and then the GP after it.

Hope this helps a little, good luck you will enjoy either they are both bloody fantastic and I would buy them both again."

12. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Frosted Mini Wheat View Post
    ... "gleason" on PM and he had this to say

"... modes, the no wake mode, sports mode and launch control ... GP1800 has none.

... both are bloody fantastic and I would buy them both again."
    The 2021 GP1800R SVHO does have some of those modes/features.

Sport Mode is the ‘default‘ for Yamaha SVHO, there is also a reduced power Learner mode.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information