Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Alignment 300 engine

Hi again everybody, I'm very confused with the process of alignment engine, the story is that I decided to align my engine and replace the carbon kit because some water was entering through it.
    The problem is that according to the service manual the alignment plate must be fixed in the highest position of the screws, in this way I had to add shims since the motor was very low and now after aligning this is the view you have . It seems to be too high, it makes me suspect the procedure in the manual to lift the alignment plate, because if I don't do it and leave it in the normal position where it falls under its own weight, the motor was previously aligned correctly. Based on your experience with the alignment tool, you set the plate in the highest possible position since it has a little play through the holes in the tool... I'm going to go crazy hehehe

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9352.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	467165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	service.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	467166  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesusgm View Post
    Hi again everybody, I'm very confused with the process of alignment engine, the story is that I decided to align my engine and replace the carbon kit because some water was entering through it.
    The problem is that according to the service manual the alignment plate must be fixed in the highest position of the screws, in this way I had to add shims since the motor was very low and now after aligning this is the view you have . It seems to be too high, it makes me suspect the procedure in the manual to lift the alignment plate, because if I don't do it and leave it in the normal position where it falls under its own weight, the motor was previously aligned correctly. Based on your experience with the alignment tool, you set the plate in the highest possible position since it has a little play through the holes in the tool... I'm going to go crazy hehehe

This piece is inserted into the thur-hull insert.....be sure to grease it up some before placing into the thur-hull insert. Same for the alignment shaft. The manual should also have instructions for marking the alignment shaft in two places for the fore/aft measurements.

https://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=354_11&prod ucts_id=2483&zenid=e2snkqcmcgl0pi6ebo9n3ld1b1

LOL...

Buddy, this tool not is necessary for alignment 300 engine, there are not in the service manual

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesusgm View Post
    Buddy, this tool not is necessary for alignment 300 engine, there are not in the service manual

Yeah, it is...if you want a perfect alignment!

+1
    My guess for the push up - would be more room to shim the motor - if needed - if it were at the bottom - you may not have the room to subtract shims - as long as you square up the motor - I don't think you need to push the plate up if you have shimming room - Good luck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Yeah, it is...if you want a perfect alignment!
    I think that part only works on the older ski not the 300, I had to make a custom one for the 300 , if I remember correctly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    I think that part only works on the older ski not the 300, I had to make a custom one for the 300 , if I remember correctly.
    The thur-hull insert is smaller or larger than previously?

+1
    I just used a pump from a 2008 RXP on the 2020 RXTX 300 - bolted right up - I would assume the same pump alignment tool I used on the 2008 would work on my 2020?

put the 15/25 159mm on my 2020 - slightly faster - better than OEM and 13/18 solas In my humble(worthless) opinion.

Ride on and enjoy

In this video I show the two possible ways of placing the plate, I definitely do not know which is the correct way to do it since if I fix it up or down by its own weight the alignment form will change ...

+1
    I'd recommend shimming between the top of the mount and the engine if it only needs a little shimming. Or be prepared to break off a motor mount bolt...like I on my 19px with like 19 hrs on it. Then you get to pull the motor out. I even heated mine with a torch before trying...still broke one off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information