porting a 2003 gtx supercharged cylinder head

Hello All,
    I have the engine apart to freshen up and wondering what gains there would be if I have the cylinder head worked over with a port job. The guy who might do it suggests there is 10-15 hp with a porting job. Do you all agree with this? And if this is true, do i need a new computer mapping or bigger injectors? or is what there already enough to support the extra hp?

+1
    Yes, there is always a bit of power to gain with port cleanup. You will never notice a difference until you do a lot more modding.

+1
    You're not going to see a noticeable HP increase with just porting the head. It all works in conjunction with other mods, bigger SC, injectors, IC, ECU remap, valve train upgrade, etc. Spend your money on the other items and then port the head if you have some extra cash leftover.

Hmm, this is sounding like it will not be money well spent

+1
    Only gain you will notice is accelerations, if me I would invest in piston upgrade, have you put that motor back together yet, I had a 2004 GTX rebuild, last about 20 hrs until it went Boom, you can PM me if you like.

yes engine is back together other than going through the head, checking to see what valves are in there

What went wrong? and caused it to go "BOOM"

Quote Originally Posted by grinchmonster2000 View Post
    Only gain you will notice is accelerations, if me I would invest in piston upgrade, have you put that motor back together yet, I had a 2004 GTX rebuild, last about 20 hrs until it went Boom, you can PM me if you like.
    I am about to rebuild a 2004 GTX SC motor that dropped a valve then detonated turning the cylinder into metal chunks, I'd be interest in what "upgrades" would be worth spending the money on to increase reliability or performance wise. Not going to go crazy w fuel and boost changes, just solid upgraded that are worth the money... for example I look at the titanium valves and wondering if they are that more durability than Stainless steel or harded steel etc...

+1
    Who makes titanium valves for Sea Doo motors? I know they make titanium valve spring retainers but I've never heard of titanium valves?

Thread Information