Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Thread: 2021 rxp x

  1. #61

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,858
    +1
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Are the prices listed on the website rock solid or is a dealer able to get you better deals? The extra cost for the purple, wtf, and seat is pretty lame. If I could get those two items in base price I would jump on it.

    I think the purple has a lot of potential, the worst thing about it is the neon seat, if it was just black or purple it would be slick looking but that neon seat draws too much attention and sticks out. I would probably wrap the neon pieces on the hood with carbon fiber wrap for a nice dark look. And that big neon SEA-DOO decal has to go as well.
    .

    The dealers have latitude to negotiate, more dependent on probably what market your in. Florida is red hot for skis. I’ve been buying my skis from the same guys for 10years so they take care of me,.but I’m impatient an I like to have the first newest ski when they come out so it’s not like I have a ton of leverage. I was texting my dealer buddy like 2 minutes after I saw the new px to make sure I got my order in on the first batch. Went in the next day and filled out the pre order paperwork, you get 3yr warranty. I suspect it will show up in November sometime.


  2. #62

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Taylor, MI 48180
    Posts
    350
    +1
    11
    I like that the cooler with the extension is $1000! BRP is nuts! Whoever came up with the color combo's should be fired! If you were going to go yellow it should have been in line with the 96 xp or the 04 rxp yellow! It didn't look good in 1969 and it doesn't look good for 2021! The real question is how does the hull handle cross chop in the 2 to 3 foot range. I've seen Jesus way to many time's when my 2016 flat sides off the keel! At that point your just a passenger and hope not to get injured.

  3. #63

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,858
    +1
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by TCR View Post
    I like that the cooler with the extension is $1000! BRP is nuts! Whoever came up with the color combo's should be fired! If you were going to go yellow it should have been in line with the 96 xp or the 04 rxp yellow! It didn't look good in 1969 and it doesn't look good for 2021! The real question is how does the hull handle cross chop in the 2 to 3 foot range. I've seen Jesus way to many time's when my 2016 flat sides off the keel! At that point your just a passenger and hope not to get injured.
    oh yah 96xp..haha the good ole days. I expect new px will handle the chop very similar to my 19 px,16px,12pxs they all did great in the chop. I never ride two up though. I’m predicting because of how thin the hull is, there will be more vibration felt through the ski like on my 18tx...but probably not as bad because of the deeper V hull. I suspect my 19px will be more comfy because of the extra weight of the thicker hull. Plus my 19px is way faster .. going to be a tough one for which one I’ll like better....guess I’ll see.

  4. +1 by:

    TCR

  5. #64
    Team Bilford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    866
    +1
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    oh yah 96xp..haha the good ole days. I expect new px will handle the chop very similar to my 19 px,16px,12pxs they all did great in the chop. I never ride two up though. I’m predicting because of how thin the hull is, there will be more vibration felt through the ski like on my 18tx...but probably not as bad because of the deeper V hull. I suspect my 19px will be more comfy because of the extra weight of the thicker hull. Plus my 19px is way faster .. going to be a tough one for which one I’ll like better....guess I’ll see.
    I bet the extra 60 pounds makes the previous gen smoother in the rough and stays hooked up better. I may have to plan a trip to JAX in November!

  6. #65

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,858
    +1
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    I bet the extra 60 pounds makes the previous gen smoother in the rough and stays hooked up better. I may have to plan a trip to JAX in November!
    Do it! Great riding in Jax. Yah I'm thinking the same thing. I still like being able to pop my seat off quick to and get to stuff and let it cool. I hate having to take that plate of my TX to do anything. I'm hoping the slow speed handling is a bit better since probably the wife will be riding it more when we ride together.

  7. #66
    !!!! wave jumper !!!! 05_RXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Posts
    736
    +1
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by savageman69 View Post
    i was pumped but more i dig into it im not so much any more...im looking to buy a 2021, my buddy has a 2020 px but they added some stuff i wanted but also didnt fix the list of issues they should be. I will likely get a gp...having to buy half the items that come standard on the gp to the rxpx is annoying...the usb port is 194cnd...is it gold? the gp is standard.

    I also agree the yamaha key code and standard bread clip lanyard is perfect...i need to lock my ski maybe 3 times a year...so i can do so with a 4 digit code and no worries about losing an absurdly expensive lanyard.....when i dont need to lock it i dont have to mess with it.

    having to buy the 2up seat is a kick in the balls..why not make it the 2 up seat with lumbar piece and you just take it off for 2 up.....brp is terrible with all the upcharging for features.

    I like driving my buddies 2020, but it drinks fuel much faster than any ski ive seen...the carbon seals are a unpredictable design and they will not change it....it seems they avoid making their machine more reliable and focus on more electrical gizmos.

    Im so disappointed because i love the purple metallic, and i like the style of the rxpx, but not addressing or fixing its flaws and taking away features to charge you for them is very poor choice. Im not spending over 20k cnd and watch it sink because of a crappy carbon seal batch.
    The most important thing you have to remember is it takes fuel to make horsepower. If you donít have the fuel your not making power. Second thing is donít be a parking lot superstar reving this piss out of your ski and running it for long periods of time out of the water and you wonít have as many issues. Iíve had 5-6 sea doos with over 300 hours each and never replaced a carbon seal or had a carbon seal leak/fail.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-11-2020, 09:10 AM
  2. 2021 RXP predictions
    By ptscon in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-10-2020, 11:08 AM
  3. 2021 Improvements to Look For
    By Chrisrokc in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-26-2020, 07:12 AM
  4. FS 2016 Sea-Doo RXP 300 w/ 32 hours + warranty thru 5/31/2021
    By rx4pain in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-19-2017, 04:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •