Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Thanks- You happen to run across that video again, if You could post a link I would appreciate it.

I've watched so many videos over the last few days I lost track, but I'm 100% sure I heard it.

2. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    I've watched so many videos over the last few days I lost track, but I'm 100% sure I heard it.
    Lol- I know exactly what You mean, my buddy and I spent way too much time looking through videos today... "Is that the one? No- no way, they had the ski on a four place Triton in a parking lot... I remember that. Or "I think it was dark out in the video where he said that."

Too funny

not to mention accidentally rewatching them in french!

+1
    Watched a good Video last night from watercraft journal. He did a comparison to the 21 GP1800 and the 21 RXPX. He does not seem to have a lot of love for the new rxpx. Not real bad, but he did say that the 21 GP still out handles the new 21 RXPX. Now the 21 RXPX seems to have closed the gap, especially to the 20GP. However, with the improvements to the 21 GP, it seems the handling on the GP got even better, which seemed to separate them a bit again, probably not as drastic as the previous 20GP and RXPX, but regardless, it seems the GP is still a bit a head of it in terms of confidence inspired handling. The GP is also 2000 bucks cheaper in U.S. In canada... its the same price.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfreak View Post
    Watched a good Video last night from watercraft journal. He did a comparison to the 21 GP1800 and the 21 RXPX. He does not seem to have a lot of love for the new rxpx. Not real bad, but he did say that the 21 GP still out handles the new 21 RXPX. Now the 21 RXPX seems to have closed the gap, especially to the 20GP. However, with the improvements to the 21 GP, it seems the handling on the GP got even better, which seemed to separate them a bit again, probably not as drastic as the previous 20GP and RXPX, but regardless, it seems the GP is still a bit a head of it in terms of confidence inspired handling. The GP is also 2000 bucks cheaper in U.S. In canada... its the same price.

The PX will need better sponsons, he wasn't impressed with the OEM ones and if Riva ones make as much of a difference on T3-R as they do on ST3 we should be good Also this handling is at the extreme points, regular riding is a little different. If the numbers are to be believed the PX will out accelerate the GP, 3.6s vs 3.9s to 60mph which should be a good boat length clear at those speeds.

The bigger thing that caught my attention is in 2-3 ft chop it was unhooking. One that I want is better rough water hookup.

What dealer in Canada is giving you the same price on the '21 GP as '21 PX? https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/ lists it starting at $20,799 where as PX starts at $19,299 CAD

+1
    Ya your right on the price... My bad... I also recall him saying it unhooked, which I was surprised to hear that as well... I wonder if that is due to the shark fins? That kind of really caught me off guard and thought... Thats is a concern... I don't think the RXTX does that? Ya, he also did admit, that the rxpx is clearly faster, but he still notes that he liked the GP better, because of its corning, predictability and inspiring confidence. He also noted the changes to carbon seal which was good to hear...

I guess when you are comparing machines and they are close, they have to be critical at every aspect.. I see it when Supertrax analyzes sleds all the time..
    Last edited by Sledfreak; 09-21-2020 at 09:16 PM.

+1
    They went all out to build a one seater race machine with a fancy new hull, but slap on those puny looking sponsons. They can see what aftermarket has been doing for years with better performance, why not replicate that.

+1
    They went all out to build a one seater race machine with a fancy new hull, but slap on those puny looking sponsons. They can see what aftermarket has been doing for years with better performance, why not replicate that.

i think that might have been done intentionally to tame down some of the bite for the average Joe rider, they did allude to that in some of the presentations.

+1
    T3R pump unhooking in chop? Don't like hearing that.

Seems he liked the GP better... but then again, says he prefers the FX hull over the ST3... Idk- I had a '19 FX and din't think very highly of it at all. I would take the ST3 any day, unless maybe I lived on a glass flat lake and didn't mind getting sprayed down with water every 2 minutes.

He also likes the current Fx over the Ultra hull... can't be riding in very rough water if that's the case!

Opinions vary, I guess... as much as chop measurements.

11. +1 by:

+1
    What ski is not unhooking on 3 foot waves at 70mph??? You can either launch off of them or skim the tops, it is going to unhook the pump.

13. +1 by:

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information