010 Ultra 260 X will not rev above 3000 RPM

Please help. I have a new to me 010 Ultra 260X that will not rev up. It idles smoothly and runs smooth up to 2000 rpm. Then it starts to run rough and will not rev above 3000. The plugs are new, and are black/sooty, as if it is not getting enough air. I checked the air intake horn and it is in place and not blocked. The S/C belt is tight. I pulled off the BOV hose and started it, there is a lot of air being pushed by the S/C. I also placed my hand in front of the air horn and it sucked it in, so there is no problem with the air flow.
    There are no codes shown on the display, or I don’t know how to get them. I thought they presented themselves when trouble exists.
    I do have the service manual.
    At this point I suspect a sensor in the DFI system is bad. But wouldn’t that error cause the codes to show?
    All suggestions welcome. Thank you.

My Jet Ski drinks more than yours Glenozzy's Avatar
    +1
    sounds like super charger has failed. your going to need a service manual

Thanks Glenozzy.

I thought my description of "I pulled off the BOV hose and started it, there is a lot of air being pushed by the S/C. I also placed my hand in front of the air horn and it sucked it in, so there is no problem with the air flow." essentially described that the S/C is working.
    Yes, I have a service manual. Although I did not see anywhere in it to tell me the boost pressure at x RPM for me to test/prove the S/C is functioning properly. Do you have that info or know where in the manual I can find it?

Solution?

Bumping an old thread here, did this get solved? I am having a similiar issue with my 09 kawasaki 260x. Revs fine out of the water and on the hose but as soon as it goes in it is limited to about 5000rpm and doesnt go beyond 50km/h. Boost guage was at about 10-11psi which seems normal. Changed to another set of spark plugs and no difference.

+1
    I don't know if the 260 had the upgraded jet pump or not. The 250 had problems with the impeller shaft moving and pushing against the crank and destroying the engine. Check for fore/aft movement of the crank. There are video on YouTube of how to do it.

Thread Information