Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

No more Carbon Seal Issues

I'm very very sad to say that I sold my 2018 RXTX 300 beautiful beast! I ride by myself in the ocean and all this Carbon Seal failures that I hear really scares me to death. I installed two bilge pumps, I flush the RXTX only 30 seconds after every ride with Salt-away and even this couldn't stop me from selling my RXTX. I was really sad to see her go. I really want another SeaDoo and maybe this time a GTX Limited; however.... I'm excited to hear what the 2021 SeaDoos have to offer. LET'S GO SEADOO!

+1
    Paranoia, will destroya

+1
    Carbon ring seal failing is the last thing I would worry about. I'd be more worried about a clamp coming off..

Least of my worries. Never had a carbon seal problem with any of my skis. If it sinks, I will let the insurance company deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJ View Post
    Least of my worries. Never had a carbon seal problem with any of my skis. If it sinks, I will let the insurance company deal with it.
    That could be a long cold swim home lol.

+1
    If the OP is truthful he/she is quite uninformed IMO. The 2021 Sea-Doos will most certainly have the same carbon ring/bellows design. There are usually symptoms before a ring fails so that they can be replaced before complete failure. I've gone through 6 carbon ring replacements on my RXT and now the second one on my GTR but I still love the machines.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    If the OP is truthful he/she is quite uninformed IMO. The 2021 Sea-Doos will most certainly have the same carbon ring/bellows design. There are usually symptoms before a ring fails so that they can be replaced before complete failure. I've gone through 6 carbon ring replacements on my RXT and now the second one on my GTR but I still love the machines.
    So you keep replacing the rings without finding the cause of the problem. Sorry, if I had a ski that needed 6 rings in maybe 24 months of use I would suspect something else is wrong.

8. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by mike-ultra View Post
    That could be a long cold swim home lol.
    I guess you can always stick to a pool or bath tub.

You will never eliminate the risk of having problems out on the water. However there are lots of things that you can do to minimize it.

10. +1 by:

If you are buying another Sea-Doo then whats the point of selling this one? You say its the carbon seal... all Sea-Doo's have carbon seals so this is the most nonsensical post.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    So you keep replacing the rings without finding the cause of the problem. Sorry, if I had a ski that needed 6 rings in maybe 24 months of use I would suspect something else is wrong.
    I WISH the techs could figure it out-the ski has 350 hours and one ring lasted only one ride. The work is being done by a top notch tech at one of the largest dealers in Miami and also by my indy who reset the thru hull fitting. There is a lot to go wrong with this design and I always bring out the worst in them. I'm very thankful for my BRP extended service contract!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information