Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kspeed STX310LX

That thing is sick! Makes my CF ZXi look like a relic...

When you say the old deck couldnt fit the supercharger/exhaust setup, did you mean the 2stroke STX-R or the 15F and the new STX160 can fit it?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ETKILIAN View Post
    That thing is sick! Makes my CF ZXi look like a relic...

When you say the old deck couldnt fit the supercharger/exhaust setup, did you mean the 2stroke STX-R or the 15F and the new STX160 can fit it?
    The top deck on the new stx 160 is different from the stxr, stx di, 12f, and 15f. It has more room which is why the boosted motor setup drops in.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    The top deck on the new stx 160 is different from the stxr, stx di, 12f, and 15f. It has more room which is why the boosted motor setup drops in.

Sean
    I noticed that when comparing the two and seeing those who have done the swap in the stx 15f. Looks like the fitment of the exhaust is the hardest and requires some seat and motor opening modifications. I just wonder how the handling is on the STX 160 compared to the 15f. Obviously the hull is the same but with that top deck change it looks like it would make it more top heavy and raise the center of gravity. Perhaps that's the reason for the larger fuel tank lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    I noticed that when comparing the two and seeing those who have done the swap in the stx 15f. Looks like the fitment of the exhaust is the hardest and requires some seat and motor opening modifications. I just wonder how the handling is on the STX 160 compared to the 15f. Obviously the hull is the same but with that top deck change it looks like it would make it more top heavy and raise the center of gravity. Perhaps that's the reason for the larger fuel tank lol.
    A trusted source of mine claims its as good as it gets. Its every bit 15f but even better somehow.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    A trusted source of mine claims its as good as it gets. Its every bit 15f but even better somehow.

Sean
    Have to give it a try someday if i'm ever stateside

How many top deck changes has the STX had over the years?

+1
    The OG STX hull was released in like 1997, that is the first gen hull. It had one version and was sold as a STX 900 and STX 1100

The second gen was released in 2002 as the STX-R. I think it may have come out one year earlier as a stx 900 or 1100 but I don't remember.

The first gen 4-stroke STX was released in 2003 as the 12f. It uses the same top deck as the 2-strokes, the same lower deck wetted surface, but has a completely different inner hull struture and even material.

The STX-160 was released as a 2020 model and uses the same bottom deck as the 12f and 15f dating back to 2003. The top deck is completely new.

Sean

On a side note...
    Why does the Ultra 310 have such a bad rap as being too heavy??
    From what I can surmise, every manufacturer lists their PWC's weight as Dry weight except for Kawi which lists it as Wet with a full tank.
    If the Ultra weighs 1047 with 20 gallons of gas, it means dry weight is 927.
    The 2019 rxpx weighed 847... Not exactly a drastic difference for a 3 seater vs a 2 seater.

Unless I'm mistaken...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ETKILIAN View Post
    On a side note...
    Why does the Ultra 310 have such a bad rap as being too heavy??
    From what I can surmise, every manufacturer lists their PWC's weight as Dry weight except for Kawi which lists it as Wet with a full tank.
    If the Ultra weighs 1047 with 20 gallons of gas, it means dry weight is 927.
    The 2019 rxpx weighed 847... Not exactly a drastic difference for a 3 seater vs a 2 seater.

Unless I'm mistaken...
    I don’t doubt their weight ratings, those suckers are heavy. Just think of the weight of the supercharger and intercooler over seadoo models. The rxpx is probably not the best comparison. An rxt/gtx or FX are more comparable size wise. The ultra is essentially the same hull for the last 14 years (counting 2021 models). Most of the other manufacturers have been experimenting with lighter materials for a few years now on all but their rental models. I imagine kawi may try to go that way eventually if they ever re-tool the molds for a new design. That may be a long time from now though

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information