White Smoke inside - Seadoo GTI 2002

Oil pump cable came off, fixed it, now the ski is filling up with white smoke when running on the hose??? Not sure where its coming from. No obvious leakage...? It's a mystery....thoughts anyone? 2002 GTI [Seadoo]

After some heavy research, I've narrowed this to a blown head gasket, exhaust leak (can't seem to see anything) or and oil burn off some where. Can anyone share their symptoms/experience with blown head gasket. Going to test the compression next....Wondering if I just have excess oil burning off due to the cable issue...

Ouch, shes seen oil starvation...

White exhaust smoke is a heavy indication of water being introduced into the combustion process.
    And you could check your plugs to see if moisture droplets are on them after a short run on the hose.

But perhaps the larger concern is that water being introduced to the combustion process means that moisture is on your crank bearings and other ferrous parts.
    And that gets expensive fast. So you probably want to fog that engine YESTERDAY...while you continue to research.

By chance, did it get run dry of cooling water and melt a hose/plastic exhaust component and you have an engine bay exhaust leak?
    Or is this straight up white smoke coming out the exhaust outlet at the back of the ski when on the hose?
    Does it clear up when not on the hose/run for a short 30 sec period?

Thanks for the reply. I will check the plugs tonight. There is a little white smoke coming from the rear, but the white smoke inside the ski seems to just appear. I will make a video tonight.

My understanding is that the oil injection goes to 100% when the cable is dislodged? True? If true wondering if the motor took an oil bath...

I don't believe is was run dry of cooling water...Process is, start the motor, turn hose on 5 seconds after running motor. Manifold feels cool.

Also confirming the smoke is white not blue...

As my main interest is SkiDoo snowmobiles, I can confirm those oil pumps do revert to wide open when closed. Just not 100% sure if it is the same on the marine Rotax engines.

When I fog my ski after each ride, it definitely takes a full minute or two to burn off all that oil during the next startup, and it is noticeably white smoke...so you may be onto something with the oil bath (cases full of oil) if you're only running for short bursts on the hose.

Looks like some water is in the crank case. Took the plugs off, turned it over and some watery oil sludge is spitting up. Very little, must be the hose. Either left it running too long or turned hose on too soon....hmmmmm

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002 GTI View Post
    Looks like some water is in the crank case. Took the plugs off, turned it over and some watery oil sludge is spitting up. Very little, must be the hose. Either left it running too long or turned hose on too soon....hmmmmm
    Did you solve the problem?

Thread Information