Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    when the engine is cold, the ecu knows this and provides a richer fuel mixture

you choose to ignore advice from a couple of experienced techs (including the operator of the forum) while you continue looking for a no cost fix

sorry the suggested part is a wallet flattener

here's to cheap fix:

don't let off the throttle when its warmed up

good luck to you
    The problem was that around me, nobody had the thing. I called to several places and all suggested "try here" or "maybe there". I must have called 20 places who were supposed to have it. Best one I got was someone was using it on testing.

I had almost given up when the shop I normally go to said they had a used one with a less than 40 hours removed from a unit with a hull breach. All the places said that BRP was on backorder. I ordered it from Partszilla that delayed it with a promised date of the 18th but that came and went so I went with the used option. I am done riding it and want to get it winterized and done before it gets too cold. I was kinda hoping it was something more available than a backordered part with no confirmed date of arrival.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Really surprised that part went on nationwide back order they seem to be somewhat reliable bits

One Hail Mary you can try

Ask a brp dealers part guy if they can find inventory at any dealer they have the ability to do that if you ask nice

No new ones on eBay?

Surprising

Can also try m/m marine salvage in California

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Really surprised that part went on nationwide back order they seem to be somewhat reliable bits

One Hail Mary you can try

Ask a brp dealers part guy if they can find inventory at any dealer they have the ability to do that if you ask nice

No new ones on eBay?

Surprising

Can also try m/m marine salvage in California
    My regular dealer has a used one he would sell to me with a warranty till next year if it fails. Seems like my only option unless I choose to wait till BRP has one.

I did go to the BRP dealer who said that the computer showed several places. Called them but no luck. Like I said, only one who has one is using it for testing something or other and wasn't sure if they would part with it. I checked the dealers my shop mentioned but all I got was further and further out with no success. Kinda why I was trying to ensure it was the unit and not something else since this was a PITA to get.

+1
    Why don't you just buy a used throttle body assembly? You can get them on ebay for $100 or less. Or post something in the classified ads. There should be plenty of them out here for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by ncdoo View Post
    Why don't you just buy a used throttle body assembly? You can get them on ebay for $100 or less. Or post something in the classified ads. There should be plenty of them out here for sale.
    I did. The dealer had a used one with low hours that he was willing to part with and warranty it for next season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information