Ordered Triton Elite WC-II

As the title says, I ordered a quality Triton 2 place trailer to replace my clapped out homemade double. However, I ordered it July 11th, and was told they would have it in by the end of the month. Today is August 22nd, and as of this past week, my sales rep doesn't have any answers for me.

Is anyone here a Triton rep that may know why it's taking so long? I know this has been a big year for recreational vehicles and everything associated with them, but I guess I assumed since he had a delivery date that he got from Triton before I actually signed any paperwork and left a deposit that I would have my trailer by now.

COVID. Suppliers for small parts get shut down, assembly factories are shutting down intermittently, and shipping around the world is massively delayed. Lead times just get extended and so just about any date you hear will get pushed back.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid View Post
    COVID. Suppliers for small parts get shut down, assembly factories are shutting down intermittently, and shipping around the world is massively delayed. Lead times just get extended and so just about any date you hear will get pushed back.
    Not sure if related, but I sent a small package from Florida to Kentucky on 7/28 via USPS 1st class mail.

Still hasn't been delivered and they can't provide an estimated date of delivery.

Similarly, I ordered a truck part off ebay back in February. Had to come from China..no big deal, I wasn't in a hurry.

It got to Orlando, FL in about a month and took over 2 months to go the other 50 miles.

I recently ordered a part off GH on 8/16. It hasn't moved.

That all makes sense. I'm just a little concerned because after filling out their credit application online, I still haven't seen it hit my credit report. Last time I applied for an auto loan, I had a notification from Credit Karma before the bank employee had an answer for me.

+1
    Triton was closed for 3 months and most likely has some catching up to do.

Finally heard from the dealer... my trailer finally arrived. Should I be asking for any discounts or anything extra, considering they told me it would be in by the end of July? I know it wasn’t their fault, but the extreme lack of communication was a complete disappointment.

+1
    It never hurts to ask for a reasonable discount.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz View Post
    Finally heard from the dealer... my trailer finally arrived. Should I be asking for any discounts or anything extra, considering they told me it would be in by the end of July? I know it wasn’t their fault, but the extreme lack of communication was a complete disappointment.
    I wouldn't. It wasn't the dealer's fault, and I'm sure their business has been hurting due to inability to get inventory.

+1
    The dealer should not be expected to cover a discount, but Triton should. They were providing the dealer the ETA info and should offer you a discount. It most likely will be provided as a back door allowance to the distributor or dealer.

Thread Information