GP1800 winter mods suggestions? Shooting for 90mph

Iím starting the planning stages of what winter mods I want to do. I primarily rec ride 2-3 times a week with the occasional friendly race here and there. Pump gas is a must(93octane). Current speed is 81.0(gps) at 8400rpms. That was a couple of weeks ago with half a tank at sea level, low 90s air temp and high 70s water temp. I would like to see 90mph next season.

current mods: 2017 GP1800. RIVA stage 1+ tune, air intake, hks bov, engine breather kit, extra cooling line ran to the engine anode fitting, RIVA ride plate, 2019 intake grate, 13/18 solas, R&D supercharger shaft.

my thoughts are basically to do a RIVA stage 3 kit but switch to the 20psi wheel(I believe I need a 3 bar map sensor for this one?) and a fizzle. Replace the hks bov with a tial. And run a lucky13 cone. My ski already has a RIVA tune on it but I donít have the actual handheld, my understanding is that I can get one and they can switch the license over to my tuner. With that said it seems to make sense to stick with RIVA for a tune, is there any reason not to? At this point the data logging kit seems like a good idea at the very least too to help get everything dialed in and all.

thoughts? Will this work? Am I missing anything? Iíll start a build thread when the time comes and try to document the process as best I can. Looking forward to hearing some input, I appreciate the ideas and help
    Last edited by Adam4pt6; 08-17-2020 at 10:57 AM.

+1
    Hard to be at 90mph with a stage 3 kit.
    My experience.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane1000 View Post
    Hard to be at 90mph with a stage 3 kit.
    My experience.....
    this is exactly why I’m asking. Can you elaborate a bit? I’m not doubting you, but I’ll take any lessons learned or info from guys with experience that I can get

+1
    90 is attainable but you’ll also need injectors, retainers and possibly a fuel pump.
    My kid is running a stage 3 on his FZ and runs right at 89-91 at 8850 depending on weather. His acceleration is absolutely insane

Quote Originally Posted by BLASTER 1 View Post
    90 is attainable but you’ll also need injectors, retainers and possibly a fuel pump.
    My kid is running a stage 3 on his FZ and runs right at 89-91 at 8850 depending on weather. His acceleration is absolutely insane
    Injectors and retainers are for sure on the list, they’re included in the stage 3 kit. From what I’ve seen reading on here a pump isn’t needed, but if it is I can add it to the list

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam4pt6 View Post
    I’m starting the planning stages of what winter mods I want to do. I primarily rec ride 2-3 times a week with the occasional friendly race here and there. Pump gas is a must(93octane). Current speed is 81.0(gps) at 8400rpms. That was a couple of weeks ago with half a tank at sea level, low 90s air temp and high 70s water temp. I would like to see 90mph next season.

current mods: 2017 GP1800. RIVA stage 1+ tune, air intake, hks bov, engine breather kit, extra cooling line ran to the engine anode fitting, RIVA ride plate, 2019 intake grate, 13/18 solas, R&D supercharger shaft.

my thoughts are basically to do a RIVA stage 3 kit but switch to the 20psi wheel(I believe I need a 3 bar map sensor for this one?) and a fizzle. Replace the hks bov with a tial. And run a lucky13 cone. My ski already has a RIVA tune on it but I don’t have the actual handheld, my understanding is that I can get one and they can switch the license over to my tuner. With that said it seems to make sense to stick with RIVA for a tune, is there any reason not to? At this point the data logging kit seems like a good idea at the very least too to help get everything dialed in and all.

thoughts? Will this work? Am I missing anything? I’ll start a build thread when the time comes and try to document the process as best I can. Looking forward to hearing some input, I appreciate the ideas and help

Follow the recipe of the Stage 3 kit (see below link), but use the 20 PSI supercharger upgrade instead.
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=7655

You do not need a 3 bar map sensor nor do you need a fuel pump or rising rate fuel pressure regulator.
    You already have a tuning license so all you need is the MaptunerX and your tuning license transfers over. MaptunerX for Yamaha is here in the GreenHulk Store https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=4252

The logging kit is a great idea if you intend to do some custom tuning
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=6195

Thanks for weighing in on this one. That’s pretty much what I was hoping to do, follow the stage 3 list and just switch to the bigger wheel. I already have the R&D shaft, should I switch to the riva one? And is it worth while to switch from the 19+ intake grate to the riva? I was under the impression they were very similar. As for The logging kit, I’m under the impression that it would be in my best interest in case RIVA needs to make some adjustments.

I should have said in the 1st post, I intend to grab everything from the green hulk store. I’ve bought some stuff here and there in the past and you guys have been great to deal with. I appreciate the links, I think I have that site up just as much as the forums lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam4pt6 View Post
    Thanks for weighing in on this one. That’s pretty much what I was hoping to do, follow the stage 3 list and just switch to the bigger wheel. I already have the R&D shaft, should I switch to the riva one? And is it worth while to switch from the 19+ intake grate to the riva? I was under the impression they were very similar. As for The logging kit, I’m under the impression that it would be in my best interest in case RIVA needs to make some adjustments.

I should have said in the 1st post, I intend to grab everything from the green hulk store. I’ve bought some stuff here and there in the past and you guys have been great to deal with. I appreciate the links, I think I have that site up just as much as the forums lol
    You are good to go with the R&D supercharger shaft. No need to change it.
    I would go with the new Riva Gen2 intake grate. It's light years better than the original version and you do not want to be running a cheap cast aluminum stock grate at 90 mph. If it breaks you going for an unwanted high speed swim... not good at those speeds.

Thanks so much for your business and supporting the GreenHulk Store. I really appreciate it!

That’s a good point about the grate at speed, seems smart to just go ahead and upgrade that too

Thread Information