Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

First Service Cost ???

I have to take my 19 GTX 155 back to the dealer this week. With 25 hrs. it's under powered with a top speed in the high 40s since day one and a pig on fuel and I can smell the exhaust at times. Last Spring at the request of their service dept. I changed the plugs with exact same and she's still a slug. Anyway they're gonna hit me with the first service.( I know I can do it in the driveway for under $50 bucks ) but I feel like I'm gonna have to give a little ( $199.95 ) to get a little. I'm gonna stress that I don't want the first service till they tell me what's wrong with it, just to try to lite a fire under there ass, but I'm still in for two bills plus a deductible. Another buck and a half, I think. SUCKS! I really loved that machine but it's becoming a real disappointment.

+1
    I would look over the manual and see what is recommended at 25 hours. Just gives you and idea, Couple just be check and adjust vs replace. Keep us posted.

+1
    Are you under the original warranty? Didn't think those required a deductible.

First service is also simply recommended not required.

+1
    Murph do yourself a huge favor, get a Shop Manual here www.brpmanuals.com. Read it and use it and never go back to a stealership again!

+1
    I have the same ski. Operators guide, page 143 says it could be faulty ignition coils or clogged injectors. Also states oil and filter change at 100 hrs. Which is way t o long.

+1
    Thanks guy's ; I dropped her off this afternoon and told them to hold off on the first service and find what's wrong with it. Being a Aerospace Machinist for 40 yrs. servicing my machine doesn't scare me. I even made a oil pump using a 5 gal. bucket with a Gamma lid and mounted a 12V pump on top. Worked great on my old Yami. A faulty ignition is what I was thinking also, causing the high fuel consumption, low power and foul exhaust. They'll be working on her Thursday so I will be expecting a phone call with the Good, Bad or Ugly. Keep ya posted !!

+1
    Sorry to hear but if its like most dealers, you might get in back some time next year. I'm really surprised you've rode it that long with an ongoing problem.

+1
    I was going to bring her back in the Spring but the shit hit the worlds fan and I wasn't even sure if the ramp I use would be open. I talked to a Tech from the dealer and was told to put a new set of plugs it with no change in performance.

+1
    Well; I got the phone call this afternoon. I'm in for a prop and a ring. with a price tag shy of 7 bills. If you follow my threads, I did pick up a rock a few weeks ago and had to limp her home at 5mph for some 5-6 miles. Obviously I did more damage then I thought to the chute. They told me that they can't diagnose any performance problems with bad shit chute. I still think she was down on performance from day one, but it seems I'm stuck between a rock (in the prop ) and a hard pla$e !

Its posts like this that are making me re-think my deposit on a Sea-doo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information