Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    I repaired a sunk IS ski last year. Deck needs to come off. Intake, all related hoses, intercooler, and supercharger all need pulled to empty water. Will need about 3-4 oil changes. And every single electrical connector needs unhooked, blown out with air, then spray silicone in them. Including every fuse and buss bar. Might as well plan on a new main power relay and starter solenoid as well cause they will quit on you in 3-6 months.

2. +1 by:

I have fixed many sink skis. Ski is not done. Sounds like exhaust overheated and melted hole in plastic resonator box. Right now water is not going through your exhaust to cool it.
    as to the rest of the ski. Remove spark plugs then turn engine over to kick out the water from the cylinders. If you do not want to really take the ski apart since it is an IS model you will need to do many oil changes to get all water out of engine. I would buy supertech oil from Walmart since it was cheap by the gallons. Suck out old water and oil put new in. Turn over a little bit then repeat. Suck out and change again. You can be anywhere from 10 to 15 oil changes to finally get all water out then put in proper oil. The motor is not done and best to leave water in it until you can follow through with getting it all out. Just kicking water out of pistons can crest rusting inside the engine if not finishing the job completely. If you did this spray fogging oil into cylinders and pull the head cover and fog in their as well. Find out why water is not going through exhaust and go with free flow exhaust to bypass resonator box.

+1
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=288389

I feel your pain and I am hopeful I will get years more out of mine. I attached the link.

+1
    Any one here familiar with an engine boil out ???? 2 oil changes and done .

+1
    As already stated. You need to pull the Intake manifold to dump the water out.

Tell the situation to insurance company (might sort of leave out the part where you were driving with CEL on) that you had just picked it up from servicing dealer after multiple attempts at repairs. Then let Insurance company drive next steps. THEY will pay you and will then if they feel negligence go after dealer.... Do what they tell you to do... The dealer will be trying to cover their butt so DO NOT TALK TO THEM ANYMORE, unless insurance company tells you to take it there. Anything you tell the dealer will be used against you to try and show your own negligence so limit ANY communication even if instructed by insurance company to take it there...

Just wanted to conclude this post with a ....positive note. I called my insurance to put a claim in. They asked me to get the ski to the dealer. The insurance company found the ski to be totaled. I'm getting a check for $8k.
    Looking for a new 3 seater for next year.

+1
    Happy days - whats next? You should try an SVHO

Always open to good advice. But I've always liked the Seadoo ride.

+1
    Just a thought. They seem more reliable and honestly the 2016 SVHO with stage 1 mods is unreal. I may be biased but you should consider one

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information