Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    It is not a 2000 dollar upgrade. You can change upgrade this and run the same crank. Which is the most expensive part of that kit.
    I see the "kit" includes the crank but your saying it's not necessary? So your saying you could just swap the chain and cam gears? Could you please explain why? Have you done this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YAMA HAMA View Post
    I see the "kit" includes the crank but your saying it's not necessary? So your saying you could just swap the chain and cam gears? Could you please explain why? Have you done this?
    Correct, is recommended to change the crank but it is not necessary, i have done many of them, and i know shops that have done many as well. You do what you think is best. Just giving you my 02. Cents.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Correct, is recommended to change the crank but it is not necessary, i have done many of them, and i know shops that have done many as well. You do what you think is best. Just giving you my 02. Cents.
    So, what would the cost be if it was approached the way you say it can be done?
    cj

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    So, what would the cost be if it was approached the way you say it can be done?
    cj
    Whatever parts is on the kit minus the crank plus labor.

+1
    Whatever parts is on the kit minus the crank plus labor.
    Correct, is recommended to change the crank but it is not necessary, i have done many of them, and i know shops that have done many as well.

I don’t think most repair shops would put their reputation on the line and not replace the crankshaft when replacing a old style timing chain. That is why the crank comes in a kit. So I really don’t think that would be an option or a risk that a reputable Yamaha dealer would do for a customer. Especially if they were going to give warranty for any repairs and parts against defects. I have not seen one Yamaha dealer not replace the crankshaft, it would set the new chain up for failure again, not having crankshaft sprocket matching to the cam sprockets like they should be. I think your are giving very poor advice here and if you are authorized Yamaha Repair-shop?
    C J
    Last edited by cjk6119; 08-16-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Remember you guys who do you have concerns with your timing chain, you could always trade your ski in for a new ski. During this COVID-19 pandemic used JetskeĎs are selling at a premium. You could take a vantage of the market and upgrade to a new ski.

take care
    cj

Seabrook we must have been typing the same though at the same time.

lol lol lol
    dude thatís funny!!!!

+1

FX SVHO'15 preventing chain/timing failure

I donít think most repair shops would put their reputation on the line and not replace the crankshaft when replacing a old style timing chain. That is why the crank comes in a kit. So I really donít think that would be an option or a risk that a reputable Yamaha dealer would do for a customer. Especially if they were going to give warranty for any repairs and parts against defects. I have not seen one Yamaha dealer not replace the crankshaft, it would set the new chain up for failure again, not having crankshaft sprocket matching to the cam sprockets like they should be. I think your are giving very poor advice here and if you are authorized Yamaha Repair-shop?
    C J

Yamaha dealers dont repair it at all. They wait till it blows up and give you a new engine. I am giving my opinion and my advice. My turbo ski runs high 90s at 20psi 9500rpms. You do what you see fit. I will continue doing what i have been doing. Good luck.

+1
    I donít think most repair shops would put their reputation on the line and not replace the crankshaft when replacing a old style timing chain. That is why the crank comes in a kit. So I really donít think that would be an option or a risk that a reputable Yamaha dealer would do for a customer. Especially if they were going to give warranty for any repairs and parts against defects. I have not seen one Yamaha dealer not replace the crankshaft, it would set the new chain up for failure again, not having crankshaft sprocket matching to the cam sprockets like they should be. I think your are giving very poor advice here and if you are authorized Yamaha Repair-shop?
    C J
    Want to go ahead and explain to me how the crankshaft will make the chain fail. When 09-13 had the same crank. you ever changed one ? You ever upgraded one ? Smh.

+1
    260+ hours on my 14 that's been ridden stupidly hard since 0 hrs. My break in process was to ride it hard right off the bat. My 5 year warranty is up January of 2021. Let the motor go boom, I'll find another in fl for $3k if Yamaha doesn't do it. Plan to keep this ski for 2 more seasons but adding a GP to the fleet forsure any moment.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rook87 View Post
    260+ hours on my 14 that's been ridden stupidly hard since 0 hrs. My break in process was to ride it hard right off the bat. My 5 year warranty is up January of 2021. Let the motor go boom, I'll find another in fl for $3k if Yamaha doesn't do it. Plan to keep this ski for 2 more seasons but adding a GP to the fleet forsure any moment.
    heck yeah, ride it like you stole it. thats my riding style. for the first time i blew up an engine. believe an injector is clogged and ski went lean, KABOOMMM

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information