Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    The purple and red waveraider is probably the most unstable watercraft that was ever produced.
    Good in smooth water.
    All over the place in rough conditions like we have in this area.
    Please be careful.

+1
    Yeah, that 1100 is dangerous at high speed.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyual777 View Post
    Did your ski have them before? What are those for? I've never seen anything like those front "sponsons.' I wonder if they're some kind of low mounted spray shield. The spray shields I've seen all mounted near the rub rail of the ski.

fyrmnk, thank you for posting all of the pictures!
    They're splash guards that arent made anymore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skwangtang View Post
    They're splash guards that arent made anymore.
    Splash guards mounted way down low. Ok. I definitely learned something new about PWCs today. Thanks, and good luck with your ski!

Thanks for the heads up on the 1100. Will keep that in mind. Had read since it was the same hull as the 700 it caused issues

One update, apparently it's the 760, not 700 which is a positive (I assume), was advertised as 700 and I didn't look that close at the decals at first. Is it the same engine as the 700 just bigger bore? Any way to verify it is in fact a 760 and didn't just have new incorrect decals put on?

Thanks again.

You will love the 1100, i think. I have owned a 96 since 2001. Mine tops out about 62-63mph on the dreamometer. It is fast and even faster getting up to speed. It will throw you off at speed if you are not paying attention but it is maneuverable and fun like no big ski made now. Oh it is also a very wet ride. I basically gave mine to my 17 year old son; he loves it too. I have about 180 hours on mine-change plugs every couple of years. I rebuilt the carbs about 3 years ago and redid the oil lines then. Otherwise just run non ethanol gas and quality TCw3 oil and it never lets me down. One other thing that does happen on the 1100 is the CDI will eventually die as it is mounted in a box integrated with the flywheel cover and the heat and especially vibration will eventually cause it to fail. New ones are $500+ and used ones are getting a bit scarce so if i were you i'd keep my eye open for one and buy it as a spare.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ugmw177 View Post
    .....I rebuilt the carbs about 3 years ago and redid the oil lines then. Otherwise just run non ethanol gas and quality TCw3 oil and it never lets me down.....
    My experience is that 2-stroke engines and ethanol gas don't play well together. Believe it or not, ethanol free gas is pretty hard to find in the oil state of Texas. The only place that I know of that sells it is Buc-ee's. There isn't a Buc-ee's near me so I've been running pump, 10% ethanol gas. Maybe if I used my 2-stroke skis weekly or bi-weekly all year long, I wouldn't have any carb problems. That just isn't the case and I normally have to tear down my 2-stroke carburetors once a year and clean them up real good. Afterward, they run like new again until they sit for too long.

If you can source ethanol-free gas pretty easily, I'd recommend that you use it in your 2-stroke skis.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyual777 View Post
    My experience is that 2-stroke engines and ethanol gas don't play well together. Believe it or not, ethanol free gas is pretty hard to find in the oil state of Texas. The only place that I know of that sells it is Buc-ee's. There isn't a Buc-ee's near me so I've been running pump, 10% ethanol gas. Maybe if I used my 2-stroke skis weekly or bi-weekly all year long, I wouldn't have any carb problems. That just isn't the case and I normally have to tear down my 2-stroke carburetors once a year and clean them up real good. Afterward, they run like new again until they sit for too long.

If you can source ethanol-free gas pretty easily, I'd recommend that you use it in your 2-stroke skis.
    Have you tried the StaBil 360 Marine additive? This is the first year I've seen it. Claims to prevent ethanol harm, but haven't tried it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrmnk View Post
    One update, apparently it's the 760, not 700 which is a positive (I assume), was advertised as 700 and I didn't look that close at the decals at first. Is it the same engine as the 700 just bigger bore? Any way to verify it is in fact a 760 and didn't just have new incorrect decals put on?

Thanks again.
    Its the same as the 700 somewhat. Yes a bigger bore, 84mm vs 81mm. The 760 uses dual 44mm carbs vs the dual 38's or single 44 on 701's. Otherwise its basically the same thing. People swap them out for each other all the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information