Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

15 FZ high temp alam ONLY ON LONG PULLS

Stock FZ WITH SCOM I can ride around all day no alarm but if I do a long pull It will alarm and go into limp mode. I cleaned the thermostat and it did the same thing. I think it always has done this but after a pull a little steam floats up from the water even on a 95 degree day
    Last edited by seabrook; 08-15-2020 at 09:53 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    Ok so my 15 fz has been over temping. Fist started off with ski not used for 4 weeks Stone cold then overtemp. Now I can ride all day at 1/2 throttle no temp alarm alarm but if I make too long of a pull I get get overtemp alarm but start 3 times and it’s gone I pressed the volt/hr button and when it’s in alarm and get code 01 everything ok. I have changed my plugs and battery and get full flow from my pisser and when I’m flushing my outlet of the t stat? No milky oil and ski runs 73 with scom
    Seabrook do what I do, install a temp gauge. I run with mine all the time. This way if it does go off on temp you have an idea of what it is. I would first remove the stat and ride it for just a day.

Lazy t stat
    a restriction
    Bad sensor at the exhaust
    Corrosion in the head or exhaust manifold
    Clogged strainer
    clasped hose

take care
    cj

15 FZ high temp alarm only on long pulls

Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Seabrook do what I do, install a temp gauge. I run with mine all the time. This way if it does go off on temp you have an idea of what it is. I would first remove the stat and ride it for just a day.

Lazy t stat
    a restriction
    Bad sensor at the exhaust
    Corrosion in the head or exhaust manifold
    Clogged strainer
    clasped hose

take care
    cj
    Ok will do thanks man!
    Last edited by seabrook; 08-15-2020 at 09:48 AM.

+1
    Originally Posted by seabrook
    Ok will do thanks man!

Remember this is just a temporary fix to see if the problem goes away or not, you don’t want to have problems with gas in the oil or anything like that. If the problem seems to resolve itself with the thermostat out, I would look for something like corrosion buildup in the exhaust manifold or a lazy thermostat.Good luck to you hope all works out.
    CJ

Ok my drunk zzz just pulled my testator lol wish me luck

Smelled like shrimp lol

Mofo still high temped ordered a wsm tstat I cleaned the stock tstat with clr didn’t help 360 hrs oh well

So i forgot to put ski will not overtemp unless it is wot for a long pull is this what happens when sensors go bad?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    So i forgot to put ski will not overtemp unless it is wot for a long pull is this what happens when sensors go bad?
    Did you give that ski a ride without the thermostat to see if that would solve your problem?I think your problem at wide open throttle is that you can’t dissipate enough heat and the sensor is just doing its job.

I would first check for corrosion buildup in the exhaust manifold or sediment at the bottom of the engine block like sand.

I don’t think that engine will have a temperature higher than 140 discharge from the thermostat. The only way you can know for sure is to install a temperature gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Did you give that ski a ride without the thermostat to see if that would solve your problem?I think your problem at wide open throttle is that you can’t dissipate enough heat and the sensor is just doing its job.

I would first check for corrosion buildup in the exhaust manifold or sediment at the bottom of the engine block like sand.

I don’t think that engine will have a temperature higher than 140 discharge from the thermostat. The only way you can know for sure is to install a temperature gauge.
    no lol thanks man! I ordered a new tstat for piece of mind after that I’ll start replacing the sensors. I was wondering if I can take out he tstat and spray water in the head without it effing something up??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information