Rxtx 260 intermittently losing boost

I have a 2013 rxtx 260 that just started intermittently losing boost. Thereís a new gen 3 cooler in it and new RIVA hoses along with a rebuilt charger 35 hours ago. Itís losing boost in the mid range and sometimes doesnít lose it at all. Anyone have this issue? Iím leaning towards replacing the map sensor, Thereís no boost leak, and Iím not convinced the clutch is slipping because itís an intermittent issue. Anyone run into this before?

+1
    Why do you say it's losing boost? If you say the clutch isn't slipping and there is no boost leak, then it's impossible to lose boost... if you are correct.

What exactly is the ski doing?

+1
    A throttle body that's about to fail can cause surges of power even if you're holding the trigger steady.

When I’m accelerating and it hits boost in the mid range it intermittently is losing boost. Then once I get up to higher speed it will hold full boost. On the low to mid range when grabbing throttle it wants to go but falls off. No codes. Hope that helps

Ptscon that’s what it’s doing, surging Power even when I hold the trigger steadily

+1
    When on the trailer, take the hose off the throttle so you can see the valve. With the key inserted, ski not running, see how the throttle valve behaves when you do the same thing to the throttle trigger as you would be riding.

If it's not responding exactly to your input than it's the throttle starting to fail. If you end up needing a throttle PM me.

I tested the throttle body and it responds exactly as it should in unison with the trigger. I’m going to replace the map sensor and see what happens

Bad map sensor

Update, the map sensor was bad causing my boost to surge. Replaced the map sensor and the ski operates as it should. The guy I purchased the ski from never had a catch can and you could see oily residue inside the sensor.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Destructive429 View Post
    Update, the map sensor was bad causing my boost to surge. Replaced the map sensor and the ski operates as it should. The guy I purchased the ski from never had a catch can and you could see oily residue inside the sensor.

That oil residue can also be coming from bad SC seals, which will obviously gum up the IC and intake manifold.

Thread Information