Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The concern is that the red engine CDI seems to be sensitive to voltage spikes. Over the years there have been many cases of ‘I boosted it and now the CDI seems to be dead’.
    All great stuff guys. Thanks so much for bringing this up. Sounds like battery voltage and charging spikes may be something to be concerned with. Good info. I have an '02 Virage basket case in the yard too. I"m gonna try to tackle that next. I'm kinda new to this and appreciate all the help.

I'd be super nervous about having a heavy gauge, un-protected, 12v connection just hanging out there. I mean, I know we all disconnect our batteries before doing any work, but sometimes shit happens. Shorting that bad-boy out is going to create a real bad day.

Where is the other red wire coming off that bolt headed?

If you were to go down this route I'd suggest some sort of rubber boot to cover the bolt when not in use.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pascoea View Post
    I'd be super nervous about having a heavy gauge, un-protected, 12v connection just hanging out there. I mean, I know we all disconnect our batteries before doing any work, but sometimes shit happens. Shorting that bad-boy out is going to create a real bad day.

Where is the other red wire coming off that bolt headed?

If you were to go down this route I'd suggest some sort of rubber boot to cover the bolt when not in use.
    All reasonable points. It hasnt posed a problem in 20 years but I agree that its a good idea to cover that bolt with a rubber boot to prevent accidental contact. I have a nice red rubber boot in my parts drawer that will work perfect.

The small wire going forward powers the bilge pump. Its fused about 3 from that bolt.

Thanks for the response. Good suggestion no doubt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information