Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobraabe_68 View Post
    I have good continuity going from the plugs all the way back to the ecu. I've checked this multiple times. Not sure what all has been done to the ski. Ski has 190 hours and is in good condition.
    In the first post you mentioned you tried the ecu, what specifically did you do? What is the battery voltage while cranking?

Sean

I have three different ecu's that I have switched out and nothing changes. Getting over 12 volts while cranking.

+1
    Are you getting voltage to the ecu while cranking? And I donít mean from the battery to the ecu. There are several voltage tests in the fsm you need to try. They involve using a needle to probe the ecu harness while itís connected. Are you getting gas? Even on 2 cylinders it should try to fire occasionally. If you not getting any firing at all then fueling may also be an issue. Crank signal is for spark timing and cam signal is for fuel timing.

Yes getting voltage to the ecu while cranking. I've checked just about everything possible with the multimeter and everything was to speck. It does not try to fire. I'm trying to solve the spark issue first and then I will see if it is getting fuel or not.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobraabe_68 View Post
    Yes getting voltage to the ecu while cranking. I've checked just about everything possible with the multimeter and everything was to speck. It does not try to fire. I'm trying to solve the spark issue first and then I will see if it is getting fuel or not.
    When 2/3 spark is it a consistent pattern/interval or does it seem random?

Sean

it is consistent

+1
    That leads me to believe that the ecu isn't losing timing or sync which indicates either a fault in the wiring, or a fault in the ecu.

Since you have tried an alternate ecu it makes me think there may still be something in the harness.

How many teeth are on the crank wheel? There should be 8.

Is your gauge working?

Sean

Yes there is 8 teeth on the crank wheel. The gauge is also working properly. The gauge isn't flashing any error codes either.

+1
    Try tracking down what’s happening with fuel also. You will likely find a common problem.

I checked for a fuel issue and there is not an issue its getting good fuel. I poured a little gas in cylinders two and three and it would run for a second and turn off. I took all the spark plugs out to check for spark again and 2 and 3 were sparking good and I was getting a faint spark in 1 and 4 for a few seconds and then it stopped and I couldn't get spark in 1 and 4 again. Not sure what happened and I didn't really do much to make it spark in 1 and 4, it was just kind of random.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information