2016 STX15F settings

Bought a 2016 15F yesterday. It has the 2 keys with it. My other STX don’t use the key system.
    After it sits for a few minutes I have to pull the key a reinsert it to “wake it up” them I can start it and ride. My other skis will go to sleep and all I have to do it push the start button and they start dash comes on and off I go. It there a setting in the dash menu that will make it act like my older skis?

+1
    No-just adjust your starting procedure. Also put a float on the key that get inserted in the immobilizer slot. You'll thank me later.

+1
    No, and DON'T LOSE THE KEY!

Keep the SLO key in a safe place to you can get a replacement made if you ever lose the fast key.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TT350 View Post
    After it sits for a few minutes I have to pull the key a reinsert it to “wake it up” then I can start it
    ------------------------------------------------------
    You do not need to remove the key after the dash times-out.

I believe this is clearly defined in your Owner's Manual. Did you get an Owner's Manual with your ski when you bought it?

Simply apply a small amount of pressure - to the already inserted key and everything should light-up again.

HTH,

6. +1 by:

I did get a manual with the ski. I check the oil test rode it payed the man and it’s been on the river since yesterday afternoon. I will read it. I was hoping I could change a setting and it would work like my non key STX’s. The key is on a float. I may tether it to the ski as well. I find it inconvenient to have to open the glove box and mess with the key after setting for a short amount of time.

+1
    Life's a bitch...

+1
    Can’t speak for the 15F but both my STX160/LX, when you stop the ski, the gauge stays lit for 3 minutes before it goes to sleep. Then all you have to do is gently push it in and it will wake up. Don’t need to remove and reinsert. My manual says both keys float so no float is needed, haven’t tested it yet. Maybe these are new improvements over the STX15F?

Thread Information