Thread: RPM Loss...

RPM Loss...

Alright guys. So month or so ago I put an x charger and tune on a 2010 Wake Pro 215. Everything else stocl (had Deka 48 lb injectors). In the handful of times I have ran it since I was around 8300 RPMs. On long WOT runs I'd get a high air intake temperature code. Other than that it ran well and RPMs were around 8300.

I decided to install a Fizzle F1000 intercooler. Got it installed yesterday and took it out for a test ride. Thing was topping out at around 7500 RPMs. Fizzle is the only change from the stock internal IC. I installed Riva block off as well.

Am I safe to assume this is a boost leak somewhere? Probably somewhere from SC to IC or IC to throttle body? I'm guessing it's directly related to the install I did for it to be so significantly different from before.

As a side note. Exhaust pipe from waterbox to exhaust that crosses the width of the ski went back on but is ever so slightly collapsed over new IC tube. Could this be the issue?

I appreciate all the help. I'm going to go through all the clamps tomorrow but hoping to get some other things to look for while I'm in there! Thanks

+1
    When looking for a boost leak, check the Riva block off as well.
    I doubt the exhasut tube would be that much impact if its just slight.
    Did you use T bolt clamps? Or cheap worm gear clamps?

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    When looking for a boost leak, check the Riva block off as well.
    I doubt the exhasut tube would be that much impact if its just slight.
    Did you use T bolt clamps? Or cheap worm gear clamps?
    I used the clamps that came with the kit. Worm style for sure. Should I swap them out?

Also, when installing the riva block off should I have used one of the gaskets from the stock IC? I tried to get it on there and it didn't seek to want to fit. It also took a little force to get the block off in so figured it was good. I have the gasket if necessary. Thanks for the help!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cgrant55 View Post
    I used the clamps that came with the kit. Worm style for sure. Should I swap them out?

Also, when installing the riva block off should I have used one of the gaskets from the stock IC? I tried to get it on there and it didn't seek to want to fit. It also took a little force to get the block off in so figured it was good. I have the gasket if necessary. Thanks for the help!
    If you didn't install the gasket with the block off, I would start there.

So I figured out where the leak was. Clamp on the silicone coupler where the steel pipe from Intercooler comes to throttle body had come loose and was barely hanging on for dear life. Rest of clamps were good. I am about 99.9% this was the problem. Going to fix now and head out for a test after to make sure.

+1
    Use AWAB 316 SS hose clamps and you tighten it once and they won’t loosen up.

+1
    Those are the kind of clamps included in the kit

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Use AWAB 316 SS hose clamps and you tighten it once and they won’t loosen up.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Those are the kind of clamps included in the kit
    It's very probably user error here!!! Haha

Edit - and by very probably I mean absolutely

9. +1 by:

Just got back from water. Problem fixed. RPMs went from 8300 ish to smashing limiter at 8550 and no air intake temp codes. Fizzle for the win!

11. +1 by:

Thread Information