Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

Fizzle and Riva Intercoolers - Why do they seem to leak so much?

Guys,

I keep seeing threads on leaking intercoolers, how often does this happen? Now that I think of it, I also see a bunch of leaking stock intercoolers too. Is this a vibration issue? Do they crack? Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dexterous View Post
    Guys,

I keep seeing threads on leaking intercoolers, how often does this happen? Now that I think of it, I also see a bunch of leaking stock intercoolers too. Is this a vibration issue? Do they crack? Thanks!
    Most of the problems can be avoided by doing good preventive maintenance, flushing the inter-cooler after riding, especially after saltwater usage.

ps also a plus is having a strainer.

C J

+1
    My ski is a 2009 and the intercooler in it was a very old JetDraft version. Was probably installed 10 years ago. I’m the 3rd owner on the ski and last owner didn’t maintain it well at all so that’s why I’m guessing mine started to leak.

Original ski owner installed the intercooler most likely when brand new in 2009.
    Last edited by Egeiger81; 08-11-2020 at 08:56 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Egeiger81 View Post
    My ski is a 2009 and the fizzle was probably installed 10 years ago. I’m the 3rd owner on the ski and last owner didn’t maintain it well at all so that’s why I’m guessing mine started to leak.

Original ski owner installed the intercooler most likely when brand new in 2009.

After almost 10 years it started to leak on you, that is not bad, and the previous owner didn’t maintain it well at all you said. Not Bad At All Considering.....

C J

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dexterous View Post
    Guys,

mostly owners mistake, running in salt water and low spots with no strainer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    After almost 10 years it started to leak on you, that is not bad, and the previous owner didn’t maintain it well at all you said. Not Bad At All Considering.....

C J
    I figure since the previous owner couldn’t even bother to change the oil in 5 years or the plugs I’m totally fine with the only issue I’ve had being a leaky intercooler.

They rode it 1-2x a year for 5 years and only put on about 20hrs so I’m sure it didn’t get flushed out like it should have.

Luckily the original owner was very nice and maintained the ski amazingly well.

I changed the oil and plugs the first day I got it and it always ran super strong just had a slight hesitation at low rpm due to the leaky intercooler.

I just purchased a new fizzle 1000 from DEANS TEAM I’m installing tomorrow. Can’t wait to see how fast the ski is when it’s not breathing in water!

+1
    I figure since the previous owner couldnít even bother to change the oil in 5 years or the plugs Iím totally fine with the only issue Iíve had being a leaky intercooler.

They rode it 1-2x a year for 5 years and only put on about 20hrs so Iím sure it didnít get flushed out like it should have.

Luckily the original owner was very nice and maintained the ski amazingly well.

I changed the oil and plugs the first day I got it and it always ran super strong just had a slight hesitation at low rpm due to the leaky intercooler.

I just purchased a new fizzle 1000 from DEANS TEAM Iím installing tomorrow. Canít wait to see how fast the ski is when itís not breathing in water!
    Let us know how you make out after you install the intercooler...

+1
    Just maybe there not leaking at all but just condensation. My fizzle on hot humid days will leave a puddle of water at the bottom of the j hose. Runs like crap until the water has disappeared. Are people pressurizing the intercooler to see if it’s actually leaking

+1
    Mine was 100% leaking I can blow through the coolingwater line with my mouth and hear it clear as day. Even filled the intercooler with water and blew into it and can hear it bubbling through.

+1
    Mine was 100% leaking I can blow through the coolingwater line with my mouth and hear it clear as day. Even filled the intercooler with water and blew into it and can hear it bubbling through.
    Oh, don’t get me wrong I’m not saying yours wasn’t leaking. Everything fails no matter how good they are. But there’s some people that think there’s are leaking when actually it’s just condensation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information