Check Engine YDIS: 1, OBD: 0

2019 FX SVHO. 5.2 hours. Went to start the ski and it would not start. Charged battery and tried again with same result. It has been sitting for around 7 months. Get repeated beeps and the engine will give only a couple of brief rotations, once with finger still on the start button and one after. Noticed the code on the screen. Will call dealer tomorrow but interested in any insights from the community. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACDA3AE5-07C1-4BC4-920E-8B74BA9A7A00.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	465387  

+1
    Code 1 is normal. I would try disconnecting battery and seeing if that system reset will fix it. Noticed battery voltage is 12.5v so that should be enough to start. Also check your remote fob if you had it locked recently.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=264299Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tapatalk-Download1081971998Yamaha Fault Codes(1)(1).pdf 
Views:	51 
Size:	782.6 KB 
ID:	465391

+1
    Seen this before see here http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=276475&page=2
    The new digital dash is different to the older models

Thanks guys. I neglected to notice that the ski is in F (forward) mode. Duh! No way to get it into N since it obviously can’t be started In F. How it got from neutral to forward on the trailer is a mystery. Talked to dealer on the phone and was told it could have been a “voltage drop or a defective Ride motor.” They’ve seen this problem before but I’ve searched this site and elsewhere and came up empty. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow. Fortunately I got the extended warranty.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JGA View Post
    ... I neglected to notice that the ski is in F (forward) mode.

... No way to get it into N since it obviously can’t be started In F. How it got from neutral to forward on the trailer is a mystery.

Talked to dealer on the phone and was told it could have been a “voltage drop or a defective Ride motor.” They’ve seen this problem before ...

Taking it to the dealer tomorrow. ...
    Find the large block wire harness connector for Ride. I think it is white. It will be close to the electrical panel, probably just below the panel on left side of the mid-wall.

Disconnect battery, then unplug the Ride connector and check for wire damage, corrosion, bent pins.

If everything is clean and correct on both halves, reconnect. Make sure it fully seats and the tiny latch snaps closed.

Reconnect battery. Make sure nothing is touching the reverse bucket and that nothing will interfere with it moving.
    Lanyard in place.

See if the Start button now works and it starts engine in Neutral position.

A related thing to check is the fuses in the electrical panel fuse box.

What condition/age is the battery? Make sure the cable connections to battery are clean and tight. And the battery is fully charged.

Put a volt meter on the battery and monitor the voltage. Until the engine begins cranking the voltage should be 12.5 volts or slightly higher. 12.0 volts is low.

If the engine begins cranking, watch that the battery voltage does NOT sag below 11.0 volts.

Watercraft should always have a strong battery installed. Replace every few years, do not wait for the battery to age out and ‘get weak’.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Tip: You can disconnect the reverse bucket actuator rod from the bucket. Your Owners manual has the info.

There is a sliding sleeve that locks the rod onto the ball end. Slide the sleeve a few mm up the rod and the rod end easily comes away from the ball. If the sleeve has never been moved before it can be stuck. A little tap inline with a flat screwdriver blade against the sleeve rim will get it to move.

Make sure the bucket can move freely up and down.

It is Ok to start the engine with the rod disconnected.

Thanks K447. I didn’t see your replies until after I took the ski to the dealer. I’m new to skis and your info is very helpful.

So here’s what the service tech found: “Engine is locked in place by pump. I removed pump and found liner to be swollen and locking impeller in place. Need to replace the impeller housing.”

I questioned how this would occur on a virtually new ski and was told the part sometimes blisters and allows it to become swollen. He said it would be covered again under warrantee (I got the extended warranty) and if I wanted to switch to a stainless steel housing, it would cost me about $250. Hopefully it was just a bad part used at the factory.

Thread Information