Gen 3 riva shaft kit snapped in half gp1800

Was gh community I have a 2017 gp1800 with a 19pound wheel and riva gen 3 shaft kit with supporting mods been running this set up for about 2 to 3 years at a constant 91mph. I let the ski sit for about 2months I drained the old gas out put fresh gas went out for a ride I was just about to leave I did one last pass and boom I heard a loud noise I limped the ski back to trailer removed super charger and saw that I snapped my riva gen 3 shaft kit in half and super charger wheel got scraped against the supercharger face thank God my motor is ok but any reason why this happend? I took my supercharger over to my mechanic to inspect and make sure my supercharger was ok and hes said it is that all I need Is a new shaft and wheel?

Have seen much bigger wheels with that shaft and zero issues.Most of the time I have seen this type of failure is from the charger being ran too dry.If you service the charger without relubing before starting or if let the ski sit a very long time then begin to accelerate it without giving enough time for it to prime its oil this can happen.The charger spins something like 10 times the engine rpm and this can all happen very very quickly.There is a very small service bolt ontop of the charger so you can pre lube it after sitting a long time for this very reason.Nothing really left to do except replace the broken parts and be a little mindful in the future IMO

Quote Originally Posted by FXSlowKroozer View Post
    Have seen much bigger wheels with that shaft and zero issues.Most of the time I have seen this type of failure is from the charger being ran too dry.If you service the charger without relubing before starting or if let the ski sit a very long time then begin to accelerate it without giving enough time for it to prime its oil this can happen.The charger spins something like 10 times the engine rpm and this can all happen very very quickly.There is a very small service bolt ontop of the charger so you can pre lube it after sitting a long time for this very reason.Nothing really left to do except replace the broken parts and be a little mindful in the future IMO
    Iet the jetski warm up for about 2min I rode around for 20min at low speed and rpm then did a full speed pass and boom shaft broke in half

Thread Information