Cylinder and pisser water temp

I am curious what the temps of the cylinder / exhaust / pisser water should be on the Kawasaki 1200 triple. I have the triple pisser mod and the water comes out hot but not scalding. The cylinders although can be pretty hot to the touch, can't comfortably touch them for more than a few seconds and the exhaust towards the rear is even hotter. This is after running at WOT. I have never gotten an overheat warning from temp sensor but just want to find out what temps I should be feeling on exhaust / cylinders. I have thought about picking up a laser temp reader to ensure they are all good.

Quote Originally Posted by SeawardToast View Post
    I am curious what the temps of the cylinder / exhaust / pisser water should be on the Kawasaki 1200 triple. I have the triple pisser mod and the water comes out hot but not scalding. The cylinders although can be pretty hot to the touch, can't comfortably touch them for more than a few seconds and the exhaust towards the rear is even hotter. This is after running at WOT. I have never gotten an overheat warning from temp sensor but just want to find out what temps I should be feeling on exhaust / cylinders. I have thought about picking up a laser temp reader to ensure they are all good.
    I probably can't help much but I will post my experiences since I've owned my project rebuild. Since it has been running perfectly this year the temp of the three pissers all feel identical to me while riding in the water. On a hose that is not the case of course. Which makes sense since on a hose there is no load and the water pressure of your hose is going to have a huge impact of the output temperatures of each cylinder. While riding on the water with the triple pisser mod I constantly reach over and feel the temp of all three outputs. On my ski they all feel like the same temperature. I imagine if you were having an overheat issue on one cylinder or close to a seizure the bad cylinder output water temp would be noticeably warmer to the touch. When I had my two prior seizures I didn't have the triple pisser mod installed or I didn't know to pay attention to their temp outputs. Now that I know I am checking them often. I imagine if a cylinder was overheating so badly a piston was about to melt the water temp coming out of the pisser for that cylinder would be easily recognizable in terms of temp. I may be mistaking that but makes sense to me in terms of how the cooling system works with the triple pisser mod installed.

Thread Information