Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Are there any driving impressions/reviews available for the new GP1800R HO, better performance and midrange pull also on that one with the changes to the pump? As much as I want the power of the SVHO, the range of the HO is a very strong arguement. Wonder if it is worth the upgrade from a VXR to the 21 GP1800R HO or if I am only getting new styling and some more features and not much on the performance side?

+1
    Auto Trim is probably the thing that will get me to switch. I have it on my Boat powered by a Verado 400 Outboard And it is Great. Even better in a ski I bet.

also like the fuel fill on the exterior of hull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Can you tell us if the highest position of the 2021 handlebar grips will be substantially higher than the factory 2017-2020 GP1800 ?

I mostly ride standing up and would like to have the handlebar higher.

I am not a fan of the minimal padding provided on the Riva Kit.
    The Riva bars cannot be height adjusted without tools.
    Yes it's much higher when tilted all the way up. Perfect for stand up riding.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    That's a lot of matt black plastic on the new top deck. Does it have some kind of UV protection because that stuff tends to go grey and scratchy from sun exposure. I find the GP kinda boring looking for a top performance model. Looking at some launch photos of the 2012 RXP ...pretty amazing how far ahead of its time that design was, even today it looks bad ass. (yes I own one but still)
    I agree. The RXP-X is a gem and I love Yamaha but the looks and how the T-3 hull ride are amazing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by faxon View Post
    Jerry, when you rode the new SuperJet did it chine walk like the last model or is it noticeably
    more stable? I had a 2014 and preferred the last gen SXR because of the SuperJet chime walking side to side. Either way I’m getting one for sure! Thanks for the write up!
    I had three major back surgeries in February and still recovering so I was not able to ride the SJ.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandini View Post
    Horsepower numbers still the same on the GP 1800 SVHO? 250?
    Still the same HP. Yamaha has no reason to increase power as they already have to speed limit the skis. The changes they made with lower center of gravity, larger grate opening, larger transom plate, greatly improve acceleration and handling.

Quote Originally Posted by Elchenland View Post
    Are there any driving impressions/reviews available for the new GP1800R HO, better performance and midrange pull also on that one with the changes to the pump? As much as I want the power of the SVHO, the range of the HO is a very strong arguement. Wonder if it is worth the upgrade from a VXR to the 21 GP1800R HO or if I am only getting new styling and some more features and not much on the performance side?
    I am curious about the HO too. Not much talk about it and Yamaha decide to give it the best graphics package again.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side-profile-gp1800r-ho.png 
Views:	617 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	465720  

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elchenland View Post
    You are probably better off keeping what you have and saving up for a GP1800R SVHO down the road. Best of both worlds and 2 is always better than 1.

The 2021 Yamaha Waverunners are here!

Quick question on the GPR-SVHO - is the 8 vein pump also 160mm or still 155mm that tapers to 160mm into the wear-ring?

Based on the explanation on the articles and Riva live video just now, it seems that ONLY the wear-ring and transom is now 160mm.

Anyone care to clarify?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R3_killa View Post
    Quick question on the GPR-SVHO - is the 8 vein pump also 160mm or still 155mm that tapers to 160mm into the wear-ring?

Based on the explanation on the articles and Riva live video just now, it seems that ONLY the wear-ring and transom is now 160mm.

Anyone care to clarify?
    the transom plate is now 160mm, previous years was 155mm
    the wear ring is 160mm, as it has been for all year SVHO’s
    the pump inlet is 155mm and pump exit is 160mm, just as with the previous year (exact same pump) Yamaha does this to build pump pressure. A through and through 160mm pump would not perform as well.

12. +1 by:

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information