Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Jerry it must have came up in your conversations with the factory reps, are they ever going to consider installing a turbo charger on their skis?

CJ
    No way! It's too costly and would drive up the price of the skis too much.

+1
    Jerry, if the bottom deck is the same or similar as the prior GP1800 hull, did Yamaha bore the pump tunnel to 160 or is the pump tunnel still 155 with tapered transom to the 160 liner like the prior Deans Team mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Unfortunately it still uses a paddle wheel.
    I have heard from a reliable source this will be address after they have heated and cooled seats.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Miglater View Post
    Any idea when the 2021 parts will be available on the 4tec site? I bet there are a few of us who are wanting to know if the adjustable handlebars can be adapted to the 17-20 gp's.
    The bars will adapt, but cost will be higher than the Riva kit which is awesome. While the 2021 steering is much improved, the Riva GP steering is far better than the 2021 steering. I expect the 2021 parts to become available after the release of the ski... probably by the end of the year.

GP1800-ST-KITThe ultimate race proven steering system for the Yamaha GP1800! Fully adjustable design features billet aluminum construction for maximum strength & rigidity. Directly replaces bulky OEM mechanism with a stronger & lighter unit. Delivers a precision feel and the confidence to push your craft to the ...

Sale: $647.87
    Add To Cart

+1
    Another question. Does the new GP actually have a paddle wheel? It seems like the same dash as the FX and with no paddle wheel on the FX itís calculated speed. Would be ok if they did have the paddle wheel as you could override the sensor with a candoo GPS module. Hoping it actually has the paddle wheel sensor or your screwed with calculated speed like the FX.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by not2fast View Post
    I have heard from a reliable source this will be address after they have heated and cooled seats.
    Can’t forget the heated handlebars and sunroof too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    No way! It's too costly and would drive up the price of the skis too much.
    Not to sound argumentative but, the amount of money that we spend on handling parts, performance parts, all the mods, Iím not to forget clutches, I think the customer should be the one who decides if itís too much money to spend for a Jetski.
    ​ďIf you build it they will come ď

CJ

+1
    Very few people, in the overall market, care about a turbo. It just makes no sense from the manufacturer point of view. Turbo would introduce a brand new set of issues with years of debugging.

Would love one, but it ain't gonna happen. Best thing we can hope for is improved chargers.

+1
    I'm totally impressed with the new Superjet. Only about 7 inches longer, 3 inches wider, and 375 pounds with a four stroke. I really didn't think it was possible. SXR 1500 is a good race boat and I don't think Superjet will win in races. The SXR will have more power and will be able to stay in the water more and handle the chop better.

But the SJ4s looks a lot more fun than the SXR 1500. And this is coming from someone who really doesn't like 4 stroke skis. It looks like they really tried to keep the stand up heritage alive, while Kawasaki just wanted to make the fastest thing they could that would win races. And the SJ way is the right way for a stand up. I have my 650 SN tuned for good acceleration, it only does low 30mph but it gets there fast and it's a ton of fun.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Very few people, in the overall market, care about a turbo. It just makes no sense from the manufacturer point of view. Turbo would introduce a brand new set of issues with years of debugging.

Would love one, but it ain't gonna happen. Best thing we can hope for is improved chargers.
    Here is a turbo charged Jetski........ The company Belassi personal watercraft the ridable water in all its forms. ... Turbocharged with a watercooled intercooler. So why can they build a turbo charged Jetske and Yamaha can’t, if you’re saying the price is going to be prohibited because of production costs? They are buying them over in Europe like hotcakes but are not produced here in the United States. I think if they were, they may be the leading manufacturer in performance water skis in the USA.
    cj

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information