Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Anybody have a solid date when the 2021s will be released? I have my eye on a VX Cruiser HO. One dealer told me last week the 1.8-powered models are made last and the cheapest models are made first. His estimate was March/April. But, the 2021 19' and 21' boats are rolling out of dealer lots now so wondering if that was accurate.

Not a solid date or anything, but this is what I was told today when I called about my new FX... they said to expect it mid to late September with the new VX’s arriving “later.” I’m assuming that means October - November sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by TypeRated View Post
    Not a solid date or anything, but this is what I was told today when I called about my new FX... they said to expect it mid to late September with the new VX’s arriving “later.” I’m assuming that means October - November sometime.
    Thanks, I would imagine they're going to crank them out as fast as they can to meet this demand. I've had multiple used ones sell out from under me so I think I'll just throw in the towel, but I don't want to wait until next year. I was hoping sometime in the next few weeks.

I put a deposit down on the New EX Limited, and the new EX Sport. Hopefully those are sent out first. But the dealer said they have no idea when the new models will arrive.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Very few people, in the overall market, care about a turbo. It just makes no sense from the manufacturer point of view. Turbo would introduce a brand new set of issues with years of debugging.

Would love one, but it ain't gonna happen. Best thing we can hope for is improved chargers.
    100% correct.

Robert

Does the FX SVHO have a depth finder? Also, what's the maximum weight for 3 riders on the GP 1800 SVHO before it tips over?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SocalFun View Post
    ... what's the maximum weight for 3 riders on the GP 1800 SVHO before it tips over?
    Depends on how coordinated the three people are.

GP1800 is not the model for packing a lot of passenger weight on board.

Yes, the specifications say three people and 530 pounds total load (people + clothing + stowed gear). No, you do not want to get anywhere close to those limits if you can avoid it.

We have a pair of 2017 GP1800 SVHO. Single rider, it has excellent stability.

Two people aboard totalling about 400 pounds, plus maybe 40 pounds in the front compartment, it is mostly fine as long as nobody leans the wrong way excessively. It does tend to porpoise above about 50 something mph, but I have an extended Worx aftermarket ride plate and alternate intake grate installed, which can influence that effect.

If I tried to carry yet another 100 pounds with a third passenger I would expect it to feel rather tippy at low speeds. Driver finesse and passenger behaviour would be the dominant factors in whether everyone goes swimming.

Ok still on the fence between the GP1800R SVHO or FX Cruiser SVHO.

ANYONE IN SOCAL, please recommend a good dealer to me. Thank you!

So the benefit of this over the OEM 19+ grate is the larger opening? I'm looking to improve the hole shot on my 2020 GP SVHO and this seems like a good place to start, but I don't want to throw money at something if it really doesn't make much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Still the same HP. Yamaha has no reason to increase power as they already have to speed limit the skis. The changes they made with lower center of gravity, larger grate opening, larger transom plate, greatly improve acceleration and handling.
    Improved acceleration and handling, along with the new full colour LCD screen, and stunning looks was enough for me. The Yamahas are way more aggressive/slick looking than the sea doo’s.

I put a deposit on my new 2021 GP1800R 2 days ago. Looking forward to getting this!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information