2011 kawasaki ultra lx

Hey guy so my wifes 2011 ultra lx i got last year had a bad motor... jet pump went bad and took the crank out. I got a new bottem end for it and rebuilt the motor , it runs fine but it over heats. No lights or anything but it get very hot to the point it you flick water on the valve cover it bubbles off and the water box seems very hot, so far i pulled all the lines and blew air threw them, checked all the fittings and pto cover for corrosion everything looks clear. There is water comming out of the pisser but it does get hot to the point that it will burn you. The only this i havent checked is where the water comes in off the pump but im thinking if water is comming threw the pisser it should be clear. Also on the hose water comes out the exhaust also . Any help or sugestions would be awesome cause im at a loss

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike383587 View Post
    Hey guy so my wifes 2011 ultra lx i got last year had a bad motor... jet pump went bad and took the crank out. I got a new bottem end for it and rebuilt the motor , it runs fine but it over heats. No lights or anything but it get very hot to the point it you flick water on the valve cover it bubbles off and the water box seems very hot, so far i pulled all the lines and blew air threw them, checked all the fittings and pto cover for corrosion everything looks clear. There is water comming out of the pisser but it does get hot to the point that it will burn you. The only this i havent checked is where the water comes in off the pump but im thinking if water is comming threw the pisser it should be clear. Also on the hose water comes out the exhaust also . Any help or sugestions would be awesome cause im at a loss
    When you run it on the hose does water count out through the pump? Also, has this ski been running in salt water? If so, do you use salt away when flushing and flush immediately after every ride?

I run brackish water but i do flush it after every ride but not with salt away. It only has about 2 hours of ride time because of this overheating issue i dont think salt built up that quick inside the block. I will check today is water cone out of pump on the trailer im assuming that part should be ok cause i have great water out of pisser on the hose and on the river. Just thinking could it be running lean making it run hotter because it was sitting with the injectors laying in the hull for a year and a half till i got time to rebuild the motor

So i did a compression test 230 all 4 cylinders, removed hoses off waterbox and jet pump pushed water threw hoses at jet pump and water flows threw engine as it should and into waterbox and out drain back flushed threw lines and comes out pump fine. Does anyone have any idea what could possably bbe making this thing over heat and help would be awesome

+1
    Have you checked the strainer on top of the jet pump?

6. +1 by:

+1
    What Steve said. And, use salt away. The sal builds up incredibly fast and sticks to the aluminum. You can to an initial salt away flush for heavy buildup then flush with salt away after every ride. It’s absolutely crucial

No i have not checked the strainer yet i will do that once this storm passes by. Would it be a good idea to let it sit over night with vinagar in the system to clean it out l. I read on here the it really cleans them out good. I ordered salt away and the tool to run it on the ski so ill have that next week but will vinagar work to try now

Thread Information