Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Completely stock machine, everything about it is spotless. Previous owner said the gas in it was 3-4 weeks old but purchased from a lakeside resort pump, so it could have been older. I siphoned most of the old gas out and put in 5 gallons of premium gas i got at a local station. I didn’t get a chance to test ride it after that, but will tomorrow. I’ll also check the air filter tomorrow. I trust the previous owner when he said he never had the restart issue i’m having, could something have come loose when traveling on a trailer to my cabin? Anything else to check?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterzx225 View Post
    Completely stock machine, everything about it is spotless. Previous owner said the gas in it was 3-4 weeks old but purchased from a lakeside resort pump, so it could have been older. I siphoned most of the old gas out and put in 5 gallons of premium gas i got at a local station. I didn’t get a chance to test ride it after that, but will tomorrow. I’ll also check the air filter tomorrow. I trust the previous owner when he said he never had the restart issue i’m having, could something have come loose when traveling on a trailer to my cabin? Anything else to check?
    Well take it for a ride tomorrow and see if it’s still stalling or running rough, if it still has problems pull the plugs out again and check to see if the gap on them is correct.Possibly you might have accidentally closed the gap on one of the spark plugs while installing them? Might be a possibility.....?....? Get back to us tomorrow and let us know how things went. Take care CJ

hope you have a good ride tomorrow!
    Last edited by cjk6119; 08-07-2020 at 09:53 PM.

I’ll give an update tomorrow, maybe record a video of a ride. I really appreciate everyone helping me out!

+1
    Sounds like a fuel delivery issue. Bad Spark plugs will misfire but a fuel problem will usually cause all of that erratic behavior. I hope you got a killer deal on this ski. Good luck

Quick update - When taking out the air filter, the thick 3” hose fell off from the engine side, so it was barely hanging on, I also noticed the 1” hose that goes into the airbox simply pulled off from the airbox connector vs pinching the metal clamp and pulling the hose off from the box connector (pictured). Air filter looked fine (it was gray colored on the outside vs yellow on the inside). I didnt notice any oil stains or smashed filter elements. I noticed the 1” hose connection didn’t stay flush, could this be robbing power?

after I tightened the hoses down I went for a drive and it definitely ran smoother with zero idle kills, but I did still feel some sluggish acceleration and GPS said I maxed at 60mph and I noticed around 7k peak rpm’s. (Slight chop on the water but its very humid here today. I’m going to go get some more gas to reduce the amount of potential bad gas is in the tank.

thoughts? Want me to check anything else, it definitely feels like a fuel to engine issue, possibly a bad injector?

Website not allowing me to upload images from my phone, i’ll do it tomorrow when i get home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F1531A52-F83A-49FD-84C3-9A54511F6321.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	465509  

Name:	6328F9F7-F8BF-418F-BA39-43AB4617C6D1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	465511  

Another thing I noticed is that the last 1/2 inch or so of throttle pull doesn't increase my speed at all.

+1
    Mine was running like this when my exhaust came loose and it stopped running all together. check all hoses and clamps. intake, intercooler, throttle body and exhaust.

So I just went and checked and these clamps were very loose under the rear storage box! Checking all of them now, thanks!

Name:	13F71374-AB6A-45A3-BCFE-522ED3020700.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	465516  

Quick update - tightened every clap I could find and took it back out, it pulled really hard even at wide open throttle, still has a slight hesitation at low/mid throttle and the dreaded idle kill happened again back at the dock...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information