Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bill321 View Post
    i'm trying not to buy a Torx socket set
    I bought a single socket at Advanced Auto. Had to ask for it at the counter.

+1
    I know I used a regular socket by recommendation on this sight but cant remember and my tools and skis are 2 hours apart..not a big deal just thought someone would remember...both skis run great but the Gulf has been a little snotty lately...I like the ST3 hull...

I know I used a regular socket by recommendation on this sight but cant remember and my tools and skis are 2 hours apart..not a big deal just thought someone would remember...both skis run great but the Gulf has been a little snotty lately...I like the ST3 hull...
    I know what you're saying. I had a regular one fit snug as hell also BUT I can't remember the size either!!

+1
    All I do is oil, filter, plugs....if any other work is needed I take to a pro. I guess i'll just take both my ratchet sets to have the right one...

+1
    All I do is oil, filter, plugs....if any other work is needed I take to a pro. I guess i'll just take both my ratchet sets to have the right one...
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....eadoopwc&a=690

$30.99 for replacement bolt(part number 25) when you strip it by NOT using the right tool. Or as stated above twenty bucks for RIGHT tool for job. In 2 hour drive to your ski's you dont pass a Harbour Freight or Napa or Autozone?

+1
    My post just started as a simple question....the info on the socket came from this site....but thanks for your concern mopar...

+1
    My post just started as a simple question....the info on the socket came from this site....but thanks for your concern mopar...
    You asked what was the correct torx and I told you. Now you want to use a regular socket. Why dont the try the different sizes until you get the one that fits. Dont tell me you dont have a set of sockets???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....eadoopwc&a=690

$30.99 for replacement bolt(part number 25) when you strip it by NOT using the right tool. Or as stated above twenty bucks for RIGHT tool for job. In 2 hour drive to your ski's you dont pass a Harbour Freight or Napa or Autozone?
    **HIGHJACK**

What to do if you can't get the bolt out? On my buds ski, it's "frozen" and we're afraid it may break off if we apply too much torque.

I thought after a long ride, the engine would heat up and enable it to be removed, but still no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    **HIGHJACK**

What to do if you can't get the bolt out? On my buds ski, it's "frozen" and we're afraid it may break off if we apply too much torque.

I thought after a long ride, the engine would heat up and enable it to be removed, but still no go.
    I used Kroil penetrating oil on mine when I changed it the first time after I bought it used this spring. I had it already as I use it building and fixing firearms. Put a little on the bolt head and let it penetrate into the threads for a little while and then get after it again. Should free it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information