Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    So you buy used parts from two different models of 'Skis, put it all together and it ran great, it just has a vibration, and you're going to scrap it and go with a SeaDoo?

I guess that makes sense...
    Sure....if youíre going to assume I pieced this thing together and made it myself then I appreciate the compliment but I didnít. Found it completed and for sale and I jumped on it. I love the Ultra hulls but considering what I have invested in it and what it could take to chase this issue, Iíd rather part it out and invest it in another ski.

+1
    If you're in Texas and want to sell it as it, my nephew may want it. Send me a PM if you decide to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    If you're in Texas and want to sell it as it, my nephew may want it. Send me a PM if you decide to sell it.
    Sounds like a plan. I’ll let you know.

UPDATE:
    Got the new carriage assembly bolted in, driveshaft in, motor back in, everything plumbed and wired.....jet pump is shot. That slight drag that my impeller had on the wear ring turned into major drag real quick. Binds real bad in a few spots. This ski was originally used exclusively in salt water and I knew that when I purchased it. I also knew that the wear ring & impeller would have to be replaced or a whole new assembly I just didn't expect it quite so soon. Took the pump off and the corrosion between the housing and the wear ring is pretty bad. So......I'm now looking for a new pump. I know KP sells complete units but they're pricey. Anyone have any other suggestions where I can look. I'll spring for a good used one if the price is right.

So just to summarize......slight drag between the impeller and wear ring was the cause of the vibration, trashed my driveshaft bearing, looking for a replacement pump.....in the middle of the season

for those that want to see

+1
    Well, at least it's a fairly simple, though expensive, fix. Getting parts right now may be a problem.

SBT rebuilds pumps, so you might see what they have to offer.

7. +1 by:

Anyone know if a 310 pump will work? I'm sure it'll bolt up, just concerned about any differences in prop pitch or any other specs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information