Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinjwilcox View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to look at the video? Any thoughts or opinions? I can only hope itís the bearing inside of the carriage assembly that was the cause of the thumping/rattling noise since there was a little movement with the driveshaft. Would a little bit of movement cause that much noise though?
    Just watched the video. I am no expert my every machine I have owned rattles like that out of the water. Unless it sounds different in person. If I had wifi at the lake I will send you a video of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mike-ultra View Post
    Just watched the video. I am no expert my every machine I have owned rattles like that out of the water. Unless it sounds different in person. If I had wifi at the lake I will send you a video of mine.
    Yeah it was making that noise while in the water also. The noise would go away at speed but the vibrating was crazy. Maybe the motor misaligned after I hit the wake
    Even still, the carriage assembly was probably due for a change. Found some moisture after the seals and it looked like it was beginning to leak.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    If the bearing in the original carrier is bad you should be able to feel it with your finger by turning it.

Someone should take a video of machine idling in the water I am curious if my machine sounds the same. Mine is pretty rattely and vibrations

Any progress on this ?

+1
    How you removed and inspected your jet pump and impeller? Those 250 pumps had a lot of problems

Just got the last of my parts in today which was from Rhaas. Jet pump and impeller are almost perfect. Slight drag on one spot on the wear ring but no knicks or dents. Impeller turns freely by hand. It’s only been about 5 hours since the rebuild on the pump with the dual bearing setup. Really hoping this fancy Rhaas carriage fixes it. Otherwise I’m scrapping this thing for parts and getting another Sea-Doo with IBR

STX-15F driveshaft

Quote Originally Posted by calvinjwilcox View Post
    Just got the last of my parts in today which was from Rhaas. Jet pump and impeller are almost perfect. Slight drag on one spot on the wear ring but no knicks or dents. Impeller turns freely by hand. Itís only been about 5 hours since the rebuild on the pump with the dual bearing setup. Really hoping this fancy Rhaas carriage fixes it. Otherwise Iím scrapping this thing for parts and getting another Sea-Doo with IBR
    So this is a new pump assembly and it drags on the wear ring?

Quote Originally Posted by mike-ultra View Post
    So this is a new pump assembly and it drags on the wear ring?
    Not a new assembly....just new seals and bearings. Iím almost certain that a little bit of drag is acceptable.

+1
    So you buy used parts from two different models of 'Skis, put it all together and it ran great, it just has a vibration, and you're going to scrap it and go with a SeaDoo?

I guess that makes sense...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information